Formula One News — April 2019

APRIL 2, 2019

Leclerc ignored team order by passing Vettel

Charles Leclerc dodged a team order by passing his number 1 teammate Sebastian Vettel in Bahrain.

Invisible Bottas feels zero pressure

Like the roundly-criticised Sebastian Vettel, Valtteri Bottas has also denied feeling the pressure in 2019.

F1 tests next step on road to grid says Schumacher

Mick Schumacher has finally admitted to looking forward to his F1 test debut this week.

Renault must solve unacceptable problems

Cyril Abiteboul admitted that Renault's weekend in Bahrain was "unacceptable".

Red Bull must quickly improve car says Verstappen

Max Verstappen has admitted that, for now at least, he does not have a car with which to challenge for the 2019 title.

Ferrari not alarmed after engine problem

Ferrari is "not alarmed" even though it has failed to win either of the opening two races of 2019.

APRIL 1, 2019

The sandbagging whispers

Ferrari was clearly faster than Mercedes throughout the Bahrain Grand Prix weekend. But for the second consecutive race Mercedes finished first and second.

Ferrari advantage could be even bigger in China says Bottas

Lewis Hamilton may have won in Bahrain, but he says Mercedes has serious work to do ahead of round three in China in a fortnight.

Same Vettel as last year says Rosberg

Huge pressure is back on the shoulders of Sebastian Vettel.

Bahrain test key moment for Williams

This week's test will be a key moment for Williams.

No regrets after quitting improving McLaren says Alonso

Fernando Alonso has denied regretting his decision to quit McLaren and F1.

Boss backs struggling Gasly to improve

Pierre Gasly's boss has backed the Frenchman to improve.

More tyres key to qualifying format change says Horner

Christian Horner has warned F1 to think carefully before changing the qualifying format.

2021 agreement now very close says Brawn

Liberty Media is getting "very close" to finalising F1's plan for 2021 and beyond.