Formula One News — April 2016
APRIL 8, 2016
Too early for silly season to start says Bottas
Valtteri Bottas has refused to rule out playing a starring role in this year's 'silly season'.
Monza boosts F1 hopes with Capelli exit
Amid intense and faltering negotiations with Bernie Ecclestone, former F1 driver Ivan Capelli has resigned as a chief of Monza's circuit operator Sias.
Boss eyes solution to Sauber financial strife?
Sauber is working hard to find "a lasting solution" to its obvious financial problems, boss and co-owner Monisha Kaltenborn has revealed.
Toro Rosso duo poses Red Bull promotion dilemma
Red Bull is facing a "dilemma" as it ponders the future of its young F1 stars Max Verstappen and Carlos Sainz.
APRIL 7, 2016
Bosses write letter urging 2015 qualifying return
F1's qualifying debacle of 2016 continues, as team bosses on Thursday pleaded with authorities to revert to last year's successful format.
Too late to call off 2017 revolution
Speculation the touted rules revolution for 2017 could be called off at the eleventh hour are being played down on all sides.
Amid political tension, F1 to meet on Thursday
Amid a poisonously political climate in F1, the sport's stakeholders will get together on Thursday in yet another bid to fix the 2016 qualifying format debacle.
Verstappen could be at Mercedes or Ferrari in 2017 says Jos
Max Verstappen's father and manager has ramped up his bid for a top seat in formula one for 2017.
Vandoorne preparing for possible second race in China
Stoffel Vandoorne says he will remain race-ready ahead of next weekend's Chinese grand prix.
Vettel's Bahrain engine cannot be fixed?
Sebastian Vettel is down to four power units for the remaining 19 races this year, following his smoky retirement on the parade lap in Bahrain.
Imola takes position as Monza alternative
Imola is ramping up its bid to keep Italy on the F1 calendar.
Sauber late with staff payments again
Sauber has fallen behind once again with its full salary payments to its 300 staff in Switzerland.
APRIL 6, 2016
FIA investigating Ferrari coded message
F1's governing body is looking into whether Ferrari stretched the new radio clampdown rules, according to a report in Germany's Auto Motor und Sport.
Ecclestone says European Commission talks underway
Bernie Ecclestone says "discussions" with the European Commission are currently taking place.
Ferrari working to fix injector problem?
Ferrari is confident it will quickly solve the engine flaw that stopped Sebastian Vettel from even starting Sunday's Bahrain grand prix.
Alonso resumes training
Fernando Alonso has resumed training as he fights to be fit to return to the cockpit of his McLaren-Honda in China.
Sauber in talks with investors
Amid Sauber's obvious financial problems early in 2016, new media reports suggest the struggling Swiss team could soon be sold.
Lawyer says Rosberg not evading tax
Nico Rosberg's lawyer has denied claims the Mercedes driver is evading tax.
Schumacher to contest two F4 series in 2016
Mick Schumacher is taking on a busy calendar in 2016 as he continues his push towards formula one.
APRIL 5, 2016
Vettel slams aggregate qualifying format
Quadruple world champion Sebastian Vettel is once again leading the fierce criticism amid the latest instalment of the 2016 qualifying format debacle.
Verstappen showed maturity in Bahrain says Jos
After the criticism of Australia, Max Verstappen put his reputation back on track in Bahrain.
Hamilton calm, Ferrari fragile as glass
Lewis Hamilton is keeping calm, even though he is already 17 points behind at the start of his 2016 championship defence.
Amid rumours, Horner backs pressured Kvyat
Christian Horner has moved to lift the pressure from the shoulders of Red Bull driver Daniil Kvyat.
Developing car next hurdle for Haas says Grosjean
The real challenge for Haas will be keeping up with the lightening speed of F1's in-season development, Romain Grosjean has admitted.