Formula One News — March 2014

MARCH 7, 2014

Dennis vows to restore McLaren focus

Ron Dennis is unapologetic as he vows to take McLaren back on the road to winning.

Paddock to celebrate popular Williams revival

If Williams is a force in 2014, almost the entire paddock will celebrate the return of an F1 great.

Schumacher no longer on respirator - report

Michael Schumacher is breathing without the help of a respirator, the authoritative Italian sports daily La Gazzetta dello Sport claimed on Friday.

India GP wants meeting to pursue 2015 return

The promoter of the Indian grand prix has vowed to meet with Bernie Ecclestone and try to get the New Delhi race back on the 2015 calendar.

Long Beach postpones F1 decision

F1 will have to wait to know if it can return to Long Beach.

New era completely overshadows drivers says Alesi

A week before F1's brave new era begins in earnest, not everyone is excited.

Concorde Agreement era is over says Ecclestone

The era of the Concorde Agreement is at its end, according to Bernie Ecclestone.

Bianchi mugged while smoking cigarette

F1 driver Jules Bianchi has been attacked and mugged near Paris' famous Champs-Elysees.

Ecclestone wife Fabiana wants a baby

Bernie Ecclestone has revealed that his new wife Fabiana, 37, wants a baby.

MARCH 6, 2014

Rumours of Red Bull split for Renault, Vettel

Inevitably, as the scale of Red Bull's early season crisis becomes ever clearer, rumours of possible splits are now beginning to emerge.

Williams reveals livery,

Williams held a glitzy launch to reveal its new name, Williams Martini Racing, in honour of its iconic title sponsor, the familiar Italian drinks label.

Dennis vows to win

McLaren supremo Ron Dennis sat down with journalists and insisted he will get the famous British team out of its 2013 slump and back to winning races "much faster than people imagine".

18 hour shifts to end Red Bull crisis says Marko

Red Bull is "slaving around the clock" to solve its problems ahead of next weekend's season-opening Australian grand prix.

Nurburgring sold for up to EUR 70m?

The Nurburgring looks to have been sold for between EUR 60 and 70 million.

Grosjean lost cool in Lotus garage

Romain Grosjean wasn't his always-smiling self during one dramatic moment at the Bahrain tests last week.

Wolff would quit F1 to start family

Susie Wolff has revealed that if she ever has children, she will quit motor racing.

No return to India in 2015 according to Ecclestone

F1 will not be returning to India next year.

Still no news on Whitmarsh's future

A week before the F1 circus gathers in Melbourne for the 2014 opener, the fate of McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh is still not clear.

MARCH 5, 2014

Ecclestone not ruling out engine rules tweaks

Bernie Ecclestone is not ruling out tweaking F1's radical new engine regulations.

Mercedes V6 produces '580hp' says Lauda

Niki Lauda has revealed that Mercedes' new turbo V6 engine produces "about 580" horse power.

Crisis-struck Red Bull asks Toro Rosso for help

Red Bull's early-season technical crisis is plumbing new depths, with news the reigning world champions are calling upon junior team Toro Rosso for help.

Williams, Force India fast enough to win says Wolff

Mercedes heads into next weekend's season opening Australian grand prix as the overwhelming early 2014 favourite.

F1 heading for Azerbaijan debut according to Ecclestone

Almost a year ago, Bernie Ecclestone stunned F1's headline writers when he said plans were afoot for a race in Baku.

MARCH 4, 2014

Vettel has contract until 2017 according to Lauda

Sebastian Vettel may have quietly added another two years to his existing Red Bull contract.