Formula One News — March 2014
MARCH 4, 2014
Marko not sure Red Bull can catch up
Dr Helmut Marko is not sure Red Bull will catch up its early-season deficit in 2014, after a disastrous start to its latest title defence.
Ecclestone admits bribe affair affecting F1 role
Bernie Ecclestone has hinted for the first time that he may need to voluntarily step back from running formula one.
Bottas plays down 2014 fuel saving fears
Valtteri Bottas has played down fears grands prix will become little more than fuel-saving affairs in F1's new 'green' era.
Massa to be strong rival in 2014 says Alonso
Fernando Alonso has tipped his departed Ferrari teammate Felipe Massa to be a "strong rival" in 2014.
Haas hopes for 2015 F1 entry decision soon
Gene Haas is waiting to know if he will be let onto the F1 grid next year.
Marussia competitive in 2014 says Button
Jenson Button has tipped usual F1 backmarker Marussia to take a big step forwards in 2014.
MARCH 3, 2014
Right decision to stay for final test says Vettel
World champion Sebastian Vettel has hinted crisis-struck Red Bull might have achieved more simply by staying at its factory last week.
Massa joins Hamilton as Melbourne favourite
No one in the paddock doubts that Mercedes is significantly ahead of the game as the 2014 season opener looms.
New F1 deal for Melbourne will happen says Ecclestone
Bernie Ecclestone says he is confident Melbourne is staying on the F1 calendar beyond its 2015 contract.
F1 wants to bid for return to Long Beach
New reports suggesting Long Beach could return to F1's annual calendar have emerged.
Pirelli to sponsor two grands prix in 2014
Pirelli will become the naming sponsor of two grands prix in 2014.
Bahrain names corner after Schumacher
Bahrain has named the first corner of its grand prix circuit after injured F1 legend Michael Schumacher.
Lauda confirms no freeze delay for Renault
Niki Lauda has confirmed that Renault's F1 rivals opposed a move to delay the 2014 engine performance 'freeze'.
MARCH 1, 2014
Red Bull crisis returns in Bahrain
The worry lines at Red Bull eased temporarily on Friday, as Daniel Ricciardo had a better deal at the wheel of the troubled RB10.
No engine freeze delay for troubled Renault
The engine development 'freeze' deadline will not be extended.