JULY 26, 2014
Sacked staff to sue Caterham
Caterham is facing legal action after sacking 40 members of staff earlier this month.
As team founder Tony Fernandes departed and mysterious Swiss-based Middle Eastern investors led by Colin Kolles moved in, Caterham announced that the departures were "a necessary step" for the "future of the team".
But a lawyer representing the workers told the BBC that the sackings were "done without warning or consultation".
The report said they are claiming breaches of employment laws and contracts, with solicitor Christopher Felton claiming it will "result in significant compensation claims against the team".
|Print News Story|
HAMILTON'S HOPES UP IN FLAMES IN HUNGARY
QUALIFYING REPORT - HAMILTON FIRED
SATURDAY PRESS CONFERENCE
SATURDAY TEAM QUOTES
F1 TEAMS TO FOLLOW ECCLESTONE TO RUSSIA
ZETSCHE WANTS ECCLESTONE TO GIVE UP F1 MARKETING
PRACTICE 3 REPORT - SEB'S AHEAD
PRACTICE 3 RESULTS
EVEN RENAULT LOOKING FORWARD TO SUMMER SHUTDOWN
SILLY SEASON STRIKES F1 THROUGHOUT 2014 GRID
HAMILTON SLAMS PIRELLI TYRES IN HUNGARY
SACKED STAFF TO SUE CATERHAM