JULY 25, 2014
Vettel slams Formula E
World champion Sebastian Vettel has slammed the FIA's new fully-electric single seater series, Formula E.
The new series, featuring nearly silent cars and an impressive collection of teams and drivers, will commence a global tour of street circuits starting with Beijing in September.
But according to Vettel: "I think it's cheese."
It is not the first time the Red Bull driver has turned to food for a putdown, having called his uncompetitive 2014 car a "cucumber" earlier this year.
But the quadruple title winner also earned a personal rebuke from none other than FIA president Jean Todt in 2014, when he referred to the sound of the new turbo V6 engines as "sh*t".
Now, 27-year-old Vettel has set his target on Formula E.
"I'm not a fan of it, and as a viewer I would not be interested.
"Now I need to stop," Vettel smiled, according to the German newsmagazine Focus ahead of the Hungarian grand prix.
|Print News Story|
FRIDAY PRESS CONFERENCE
FRIDAY TEAM QUOTES
LAUDA RUBBISHES VETTEL-TO-MERCEDES RUMOUR
MERCEDES STICKING WITH BREMBO DESPITE FAILURE
PRACTICE 2 RESULTS
PRACTICE 1 REPORT - HUNGRY HAMILTON
PRACTICE 1 RESULTS
HAMILTON EXPECTS CONTRACT TALKS WITHIN 2014
VETTEL REFUSES TO STAMP OUT MERCEDES RUMOURS
AZERBAIJAN, NEW JERSEY NEXT FOR F1 CALENDAR SAYS ECCLESTONE
FERRARI EFFORTS NOW ON 2015 SAYS ALONSO
GROSJEAN IN NO HURRY TO SECURE F1 FUTURE
VETTEL SLAMS FORMULA E
ROSBERG NOT WORRIED ABOUT HAMILTON AT HUNGARY
SCHUMACHER'S WIFE SELLING PRIVATE JET
MALDONADO WOULD WELCOME CIGARETTE SPONSOR AT LOTUS