FEBRUARY 4, 2014
Ferrari's wind tunnel crisis now over
Fernando Alonso has confirmed reports Ferrari has now ended its wind tunnel crisis.
For some time, including throughout last season, the famous Italian marque has been working at Toyota's Cologne facilities, while the troublesome Maranello wind tunnel was closed for a complete overhaul.
Ferrari had struggled with the correlation of data between the tunnel and the actual track, but last week at Jerez proved that the Maranello facility is now back at full steam.
Team boss Stefano Domenicali confirmed that the "aerodynamic validation" at Jerez last week "matched our expectations" with regards to the brand new F14 T car.
Spaniard Alonso agrees that Jerez showed Ferrari, having not won a drivers' crown since Kimi Raikkonen in 2007, is now back on track.
"The car has some good signs and, let's say, the philosophy that the car has been designed is just what we are seeing now on the data," he told CNN in an interview.
"So there is nothing wrong, nothing to be pessimistic about, but a lot of work to do," Alonso added.
|Print News Story|
GROSJEAN NOT TIPPING WINNER OF ALONSO-RAIKKONEN BATTLE
TOO EARLY TO DECLARE 2014 FAVOURITE SAYS WOLFF
ECCLESTONE DEVISED DOUBLE POINTS TO HELP FERRARI
WAKE-UP DELAY FOR SCHUMACHER NOT A BAD SIGN
2014 TYRES A LITTLE BETTER SAYS HAMILTON
FERRARI'S WIND TUNNEL CRISIS NOW OVER
CATERHAM PLAYED SAFE FOR JEREZ AMID RENAULT CRISIS