JANUARY 22, 2014
New York judge dismisses Ecclestone case
Bernie Ecclestone's legal woes have eased slightly, as it emerges a $650m lawsuit against him has been dismissed.
Late last year, a company called Bluewaters Communications claimed it was the high bidder to buy formula one in 2005.
But it said CVC only won the day because of chief executive Ecclestone's alleged bribes, after Bluewaters gave "no commitment" to keep the 83-year-old in his top job.
F1 business journalist Christian Sylt now reports that the New York supreme court has ruled that it has no jurisdiction to hear the case.
According to Autoweek, the Justice ruled that the "critical events underlying the claims in this lawsuit took place in Germany, England and elsewhere in Europe".
Although still in charge of F1, Ecclestone has stepped down from the board and is facing jail after German prosecutors said the corruption affair would be heard in criminal court this year.
|Print News Story|
FORCE INDIA GIVES SNEAK VIEW OF BLACK 2014 CAR
MCLAREN IN GOOD SHAPE DESPITE NO TITLE SPONSOR
ZANARDI RETURNS TO RACING
SIROTKIN'S PLACE AT SAUBER NOW IN DOUBT
HULKENBERG HOPES 2014 CARS NOT TOO SLOW
KOBAYASHI RACING FOR FREE IN F1 RETURN
DI RESTA ADMITS MERCEDES F1 ROLE POSSIBLE
JAN MAGNUSSEN COULD QUIT RACING TO SUPPORT SON
NEW YORK JUDGE DISMISSES ECCLESTONE CASE