OCTOBER 4, 2013
Pirelli still has no tyre deal with FIA
Pirelli boss Paul Hembery on Friday admitted there is still no deal with the FIA for the sport's supply of tyres beyond 2013.
The governing body rubber-stamped the Italian marque's continuing presence on the grid at the latest World Motor Sport Council meeting, but the FIA said the deal would only cover a "transition period".
"Pirelli has five year agreements signed with Ecclestone and the teams and expects that these are respected," La Gazzetta dello Sport correspondent Andrea Cremonesi said last week.
Hembery told reporters in Korea: "There's meetings still going on. Unfortunately."
He said Pirelli is not worried.
"There might be more anxiety from the other people's point of view, because we could walk away," Hembery warned.
He said the basis of the deal would be a five-year period.
|Print News Story|
FRIDAY PRESS CONFERENCE
FRIDAY TEAM QUOTES
LAUDA SAYS SCHUMACHER EXIT WAS BEST THING FOR MERCEDES
F1 TEAMS EXPECT 2014 CALENDAR TO BE TRIMMED
ARAGON LIKELY NEW VENUE FOR MCLAREN-PIRELLI TEST
PIRELLI STILL HAS NO TYRE DEAL WITH FIA
SAUBER CONFIRMS FERRARI DEAL FOR 2014
HEAVY DRIVERS PUSH FOR F1 RULE CHANGE
TORO ROSSO AN OPTION FOR MASSA
LAUDA NOT CONVINCED AMID RED BULL CHEAT RUMOURS
TEAM SWITCH WOULD STOP VETTEL BOOING
TYPHOON THREAT EASES IN KOREA
BAHRAIN TO BE TWILIGHT RACE IN 2014
SAUBER CLOSING ON 2014 FERRARI ENGINE DEAL
PRACTICE 2 RESULTS
PRACTICE 1 REPORT - AIR FORCE
PRACTICE 1 RESULTS