OCTOBER 3, 2013
No plans for single fuel supply tender
The FIA insists it has no plans to appoint a single supplier of fuel in formula one.
With the governing body hinting at the move after the recent World Motor Sport Council meeting, we reported that F1's major teams had expressed their objections.
That is because they all have separate and lucrative deals in place with major oil corporations: Ferrari with Shell, Renault with Total, Mercedes with Petronas, McLaren with Mobil.
But in the Yeongam paddock on Thursday, it emerged that the FIA had allayed the teams' fears.
"Fuel was mentioned (in the World Council statement) purely for illustrative purposes," a FIA spokesman is quoted by Reuters.
A source at the Paris based federation, meanwhile, said the mention of fuel in the statement had been a "mistake".
|Print News Story|
SAUBER ADMITS BARRICHELLO AN OPTION FOR 2014
NO PLANS FOR SINGLE FUEL SUPPLY TENDER
ROSBERG SAYS VETTEL RISKS LOSING RIVAL DRIVERS RESPECT
FIA STOPS MCLAREN'S PIRELLI TEST IN AUSTIN
AMID CHEAT CLAIMS, VETTEL PROUD OF RED BULL SYSTEM
BIANCHI STAYING AT MARUSSIA IN 2014
PEREZ, SLIM ADMIT MEXICO RACE NOT GUARANTEED
WARD COULD STAND ASIDE FOR BIN SULAYEM
MASSA DENIES BEING FERRARI NUMBER TWO
FIA BACKS VETTEL AMID CHEAT CLAIMS