SEPTEMBER 18, 2013
Austrian GP track boss leaves
Worrying news emerged from the Austrian grand prix project on Wednesday -- Walter Kafitz has left the Red Bull-Ring.
The former Nurburgring chief came on board early last year, and was believed instrumental in the rebuilt and now Red Bull-owned circuit's return to the F1 calendar for 2014.
But Kleine Zeitung newspaper reports that Kafitz, 62, has left "with immediate effect". The news was reportedly confirmed by the company.
The Austrian report insisted, however, that "Preparations for the formula one race are not affected".
Kafitz was earlier caught up in the Nurburgring's calamitous financial situation, but Kleine Zeitung said that is not the reason for his departure in Austria.
But "Red Bull gave no information, nor on his succession," said the report.
Kafitz did not comment.
|Print News Story|
BUTTON EXPECTS TO BE WITH MCLAREN IN 2014
PIRELLI ON CUSP OF NEW F1 DEAL
AUSTRIAN GP TRACK BOSS LEAVES
RED BULL GETTING BETTER OVER THE YEARS
FERRARI CLOSE TO SHIFTING FOCUS TO 2014
LEAVING FERRARI COULD BE POSITIVE FOR MASSA
HAMILTON HAPPY TO SIT OUT F1 'SILLY SEASON'
WEBBER HAILS NEW TALENT AMID PAY DRIVER TREND