JULY 4, 2013
Haug not ruling out F1 return
Norbert Haug is not ruling out a return to formula one.
After more than two decades in the role, Mercedes replaced the 60-year-old German for 2013 with new director Toto Wolff.
With the 'test-gate' pain still fresh, Wolff said this week: "I take my hat off to Norbert, who did the job for 22 years."
Haug, however, said he has little intention of returning to the days of "150 days in the office and 150 days on the road" per year.
But he also told German newspaper Bild: "I can imagine supporting or helping or advising a small private team."
Haug did not specify if he was referring to formula one, DTM or another series.
He did, however, want to emphasise his role in Mercedes' current run of success in F1.
"My successor Toto Wolff and Niki Lauda are doing a really good job, for sure," said the German.
But Haug also hinted that the old guard, including Michael Schumacher, might also be able to claim a slice of the glory.
"The car was made by Ross Brawn and his team of engineers since the middle of last year, as success in formula one has a long lead time," said Haug.
"For the Silver Arrows it was three years; for Red Bull it was five."
|Print News Story|
ROSBERG AND HAMILTON DRIVE HISTORIC SILVER ARROWS
HAUG NOT RULING OUT F1 RETURN
F1 UNEASE REMAINS AFTER SILVERSTONE TYRE CHAOS
VETTEL IGNORES MIND GAMES AND JULY CURSE
ALONSO SAYS NO DRIVER BOYCOTT IN GERMANY
RACE WIN WILL MOTIVATE HAMILTON
DI RESTA WOULD JUMP AT MASSA'S SEAT
MERCEDES WANTS TO TEST ON FOURTH DAY AT SILVERSTONE
NURBURGRING'S F1 FUTURE AFTER 2013 IN DOUBT