JUNE 3, 2013
Future unclear for Canadian GP
The Canadian grand prix will be run and won this weekend without the future of the Montreal race being clear.
La Presse reports that while authorities had been "hopeful" a new ten-year deal could be announced at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, there is a bureaucratic holdup within the Ottawa government.
"The negotiations continue," said correspondent Sebastian Templar.
Similarly, the Journal de Montreal reports that the federal government is not currently willing to increase its annual financial contribution, despite Bernie Ecclestone pushing for vital renovations to the ageing track on the Ile Notre Dame.
"(The stance of) Ottawa has surprised its partners, the government of Quebec, the city of Montreal and Tourisme Montreal," added Templar.
Race promoter Francois Dumontier said: "I remain optimistic the various levels of government will find a solution."
|Print News Story|
FUTURE UNCLEAR FOR CANADIAN GP
MERCEDES COULD QUIT OVER ECCLESTONE CORRUPTION
FIA TO FREEZE V6 ENGINE DEVELOPMENT BY 2018
VETTEL UNSURE IF RAIKKONEN AS TEAMMATE IS REALISTIC
HANKOOK TYRE COMPANY HAD MEETINGS WITH ECCLESTONE
LOPEZ SAYS THAT GROSJEAN IS LIKE INJURY-PRONE FOOTBALL PLAYER
SUSIE WOLFF SAYS VETTEL SHOWS STRENGTH IS NO BARRIER FOR WOMEN IN F1
SHOULD MERCEDES BAN HAMILTON'S DOG?
KOBAYASHI AIMING FOR F1 RETURN IN 2014