FEBRUARY 1, 2004
Ecclestone praises German races
Bernie Ecclestone says that Germany will continue to have two Grands Prix each year, despite the fact that his Formula One group is cutting back on races in Europe. Ecclestone told the Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport that "Germany will continue to have two races" and indicated that last week he signed a new deal with the Nurburgring. The German has a deal until 2008.
Ecclestone said that the Germans do a good job running and promoting their races. But that success has not come without a considerable cost: in the last eight years the Nurburgring has invested more than $50m and Hockenheim has invested $62m .
Ecclestone told the newspaper that he sees no future for Silverstone as Formula 1 shifts to the east.
|Print News Story|