JUNE 12, 2003
Button will race
It has been confirmed that Jenson Button will be racing this weekend for British American Racing. There had been some speculation in the press that Button would miss the race because of concussion but the man himself said that there were no problems.
"I'm pretty good," he said. I didn't do the testing last week and it was nice to relax a bit. The crash is the only really big one I have had in racing and I cannot really remember much about it. I was very lucky. The safety now is much better and the head rest worked."
Button admitted that he had had a backache a few days after the crash in Monaco but was now back to full fitness.
He met FIA doctor Professor Sid Watkins on Thursday afternoon in Montreal and was given the all clear to race.
|Print News Story|