APRIL 24, 2003
Testing continues at Mugello
Rubens Barichello has continued to dominate testing at the Mugello Circuit with the fastest lap times in the new F2003-GA, and was followed closely behind by Ferrari test driver Luca Badoer, who has completed a race distance simulation on his third day at the track.╩Barrichello focused mainly on development of the new car for changes in its set up and tire testing. This wrapped up testing for Ferrari at Mugello. Friday they will resume work at Fiorano with Felipe Massa and Luca Badoer behind the wheel.
Antonio Pizzonia took over for Mark Webber on Jaguars second day at Mugello. The team continued to work on the launch control system, suspension work and the aerodynamics of the car. Technical issues hindered the Brazilian's performance as he only completed 35 laps of the circuit without any impressive times. ╩Jaguar will complete their testing in Mugello Friday. ╩izzonia can only hope for as much track time as possible now as his team has publicly stated that his drive will be on the chopping block after next weekend in Barcelona.
1. R. Barrichello (Ferrari) 1m21.193s (74 laps)
2. L. Badoer (Ferrari) 1m21.869s (86)
3. K. Raikkonen (McLaren) 1m22.467s (61)
4. P. de la Rosa (McLaren) 1m23.255s (35)
5. J. Villeneuve (BAR) 1m23.559s (93)
6. O. Panis (Toyota) 1m23.630s (52)
7. C. da Matta (Toyota) 1m23.868s (61)
8. J. Button (BAR) 1m23.895s (88)
9. N. Heidfeld (Sauber) 1m23.985s (97)
|Print News Story|