SEPTEMBER 29, 2000
Malaysian protestors say they will not disrupt Grand Prix
Malaysian protestors have said they will not disrupt next month's Grand Prix at the Sepang circuit as had been first feared.
Officials at the Sepang circuit had thought that supporters of jailed opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim would use the Malaysian Grand Prix on October 22 to gain publicity for their cause.
However, Raja Petra Kamarudin, director of the FreeAnwar campaign, has said that his group's protests will not jeopardize the last race of the Formula One season.
The campaign will hold rallies across Malaysian cities, culminating in a meeting in Kuala Lumpur on October 29 which is expected to attract tens of thousands of people.
|Print News Story|
IF BERNIE WILL NOT SELL...
INDONESIANS COME... AND INDONESIANS GO
MALAYSIAN PROTESTORS SAY THEY WILL NOT DISRUPT GRAND PRIX
MARK BLUNDELL TO RETURN TO F1 AS TEST DRIVER
MCLAREN COMPLETE "ROUTINE" TEST AT MAGNY-COURS
MORE PAIN FOR BRIDGESTONE
SCHUMACHER COMPLETES SUCCESSFUL DAY OF TESTING