JULY 25, 2000
Prost drivers continue to fight
THE row between warring Prost drivers Jean Alesi and Nick Heidfeld rumbled into a second week with Alesi launching a personal attack on his team-mate.
The two drivers have been embroiled in a bitter war of words since they collided and both went out of the last race in Austria, and Alesi ensured the argument would continue by dismissing Heidfeld as a "presumptuous boy".
Alesi, the oldest man on the grid at 36, said: "He is only one presumptuous boy, and he should not be allowed to speak like that about me.
"I have always helped him, as it is normal to do between an experienced driver and a beginner.
"He had already touched me in the French GP and in Austria it went further. And where did he dream he was faster than me by half a second?"
Heidfeld was criticized by British American Racing's Jacques Villeneuve, as well as Alesi, for the way he drove at the Austrian Grand Prix, but the young German maintained his innocence and said Alesi was to blame for their crash.
|Print News Story|
HAKKINEN'S AUSTRIA WIN STANDS, BUT TEAM LOSE CONSTRUCTORS' POINTS
JORDAN DENY ENGINEER SPLIT
PEUGEOT PULL OUT OF FORMULA ONE
PROST DRIVERS CONTINUE TO FIGHT
THEISSEN HAPPY WITH WILLIAMS RELIABILITY
VILLENEUVE ADMITS BAR PROGRESS WAS THE KEY