CONSTRUCTORS: TEC-MEC

Name: Tec-Mec

Maserati withdrew from Grand Prix racing in 1958 and when designer Valerio Colotti left the company he took with him plans of a 2.5-liter version of the Maserati 250F on which the engineers had been working. He set up his own design bureau called Studio Tecnica Meccanica and found some funding for the project from Lucky Casner's Scuderia Camoradi. He built the car, handed it over to the team and it was run for Fritz d'Orey at the 1959 United States GP at Sebring. It was not very quick and lasted only six laps. Colotti sold the studio in 1959 and later Formula Junior cars were built with the same name.

Print