Latest Formula One News

JUNE 19, 2017

Williams key to McLaren-Honda split?

Williams has emerged as the potential key to fellow British team McLaren's Honda divorce.

Whiting gives Imola F1 circuit approval

Imola remains on track for a future return to the F1 calendar.

Honda to deliver engine upgrade in Baku?

Honda looks set to deliver a much-needed engine upgrade this weekend in Baku.

New Chinese F1 team rumours gain speed?

Rumours about a potential eleventh team for 2018 are gaining momentum.

JUNE 16, 2017

Agag wants Ferrari in Formula E

Formula E boss Alejandro Agag has urged F1's most famous team to enter the all-electric series.

Alonso should leave if not enjoying F1 says Massa

If Fernando Alonso keeps complaining, the Spaniard should consider leaving formula one.

Engineer says Magnussen like Raikkonen

Kevin Magnussen's race engineer has likened the young Dane's character to that of Kimi Raikkonen.

Only the name the same at McLaren says de la Rosa

The "only thing" that has survived the sweeping change at McLaren in recent years is "the name".

Zero tension with Alonso according to Zak Brown

Amid the McLaren-Honda crisis, boss Zak Brown insists there is "zero tension" between the great British team and Fernando Alonso.

JUNE 15, 2017

F1 to start testing Shield next month

F1's new 'Shield' concept will make its public debut earlier than expected.

Palmer under pressure to deliver says Abiteboul

Cyril Abiteboul has admitted Jolyon Palmer is under "pressure" to "deliver" for Renault in 2017.

More Kubica tests possible says Renault

Robert Kubica wanted an F1 test in order to decide the next steps in his career.

Wolff backtracks after Rosberg return comments

Toto Wolff has backtracked after saying Nico Rosberg might return to F1 from retirement.

Honda lagging behind in simulation says Cuquerella

A former F1 engineer suspects Honda is lagging behind in the area of simulation.

Broadcaster says F1 humming once again

F1 is "humming" once again.

F1 will never go all-electric says Todt

Jean Todt says F1 will never abandon its petrol-based origins and join Formula E as an all-electric powered series.

Force India considers name change?

Team co-owner and boss Vijay Mallya is considering changing Force India's name.

Mercedes closing up on Ferrari says Bottas

Mercedes is closing up on Ferrari in terms of managing Pirelli's 2017 tyres.

Red Bull drivers cannot end contracts says Marko

Red Bull has control of the destinies of its F1 drivers.

JUNE 14, 2017

Still too early for contract talk says Bottas

Valtteri Bottas says it is still "too early" to talk about the possible extension of his contract.

Palmer has no explanation amid rumours

Jolyon Palmer says he has "no explanation" for his struggle to keep up with his teammate Nico Hulkenberg at Renault so far in 2017.

Honda admits test bench problem

Honda has given an explanation about the extent of its struggle so far in 2017.

Ferrari not ready to talk 2018 contracts

Ferrari has refused to comment on the contractual status of its F1 drivers.

JUNE 13, 2017

Perez denies ignoring team order

Mercedes chiefs think rival team Force India made a mistake in Montreal.