Latest Formula One News

APRIL 3, 2017

Red Bull targets race wins by Austria

Red Bull is targeting race victories later in 2017, according to team official Dr Helmut Marko.

Barrichello's son starts car racing career

Rubens Barrichello's son is now beginning his own single seater adventure.

Jos Verstappen arrested after club brawl

Max Verstappen's father was taken into police custody following a nightclub brawl, reports in the Dutch media claim.

Verstappen hails new direction for 2021 engines

Max Verstappen has backed F1's move to simpler engine technology for 2021 and beyond.

New F1 era means higher interest says Marko

Spectator interest in F1 is picking up as the sport begins its new era.

Wehrlein to do Friday practice in China

Pascal Wehrlein will return to the cockpit of his Sauber this Friday in Shanghai.

Vandoorne sticking with McLaren-Honda amid crisis

Stoffel Vandoorne insists he is staying upbeat, even though he is making his full-time F1 debut in arguably the slowest car overall in 2017.

Hopes high for more passing in China

Hopes are high that Shanghai will host a more spectacular grand prix this weekend.

MARCH 31, 2017

No panic after Ferrari victory says Allison

James Allison has hailed Ferrari's return to winning form but vowed to hit back at his former employer.

MARCH 30, 2017

Prince invites Ecclestone to Bahrain GP

Bernie Ecclestone will attend his first race of the 2017 season in Bahrain next month.

Ferrari to shine in China too says Alesi

Jean Alesi thinks his former F1 team, the great Maranello marque Ferrari, is finally ready to challenge for the title.

Former F1 drivers to get paddock passes

Former F1 drivers will find it much easier to attend grands prix in future.

Ferrari to let Giovinazzi race on for Sauber

Ferrari has decided to make its official reserve driver available to Sauber for the forthcoming China-Bahrain double header.

Mario Illien working with McLaren?

Audi will not be the only manufacturer not already competing in F1 that will be present for a meeting in Paris on Friday.

Massa doubts Alonso will quit McLaren in 2017

Felipe Massa does not think his old Ferrari teammate Fernando Alonso is poised to quit McLaren-Honda and F1.

Only DRS makes passing possible now

Felipe Massa thinks F1's controversial drag reduction system (DRS) is the only thing providing a glimmer of hope about overtaking in 2017.

Drivers will cope physically in 2017 says Massa

Felipe Massa thinks F1 drivers will be tested physically in 2017.

Massa tips Stroll to improve in 2017

Felipe Massa has tipped his rookie teammate Lance Stroll to bounce back after a tough start to the teenager's F1 career.

Huge pressure on Schumacher's shoulders says Villeneuve

Jacques Villeneuve has tipped a bright future for Mick Schumacher if the young German can "deal with the pressure".

Haas has best drivers possible says Steiner

Team boss Gunther Steiner has defended Haas' 2017 driver lineup.

MARCH 29, 2017

High costs hurting F1 show says Todt

As far as the F1 pecking order is concerned, Jean Todt says he likes what he has seen so far in 2017.

McLaren contract stopped Alonso talks says Wolff

Toto Wolff says it was mainly a contractual issue that halted negotiations between Mercedes and Fernando Alonso ahead of the 2017 season.

No F1 return for Bridgestone

Bridgestone is not looking to return to F1 any time soon.

Stroll expects more difficult races in 2017

Lance Stroll says he is sure he will have more difficult races as he gets up to speed in F1.