Latest Formula One News

JANUARY 20, 2026

Alonso tipped for 2026 title as Marko eyes Mercedes edge

Fernando Alonso has emerged as an unlikely early favourite for the 2026 Formula 1 world championship, with a growing number of paddock voices pointing to experience - and Mercedes power - as decisive factors under the new rules.

Marko rules out F1 return but hints at TV role

Helmut Marko says his time in an official Formula 1 role is over for good, despite what he describes as ongoing interest following his departure from Red Bull.

Aston Martin exits F1 safety car role

Aston Martin will no longer supply Formula 1's safety and medical cars from 2026, ending a five-year arrangement at a moment when the team itself is ramping up ambitions under the new regulations.

JANUARY 19, 2026

Ferrari removes Hamilton engineer

Ferrari has ended the strained relationship between Lewis Hamilton and his race engineer Riccardo Adami, confirming the Italian has been moved out of a trackside role ahead of the crucial 2026 reset.

Assen positions itself as Dutch GP fallback after Zandvoort

Assen has taken concrete steps toward becoming a potential future Formula 1 venue, as the Netherlands prepares for life after Zandvoort.

JANUARY 13, 2026

Rovanpera's early deficit not surprising

Kalle Rovanpera's first full race weekend in formula cars ended abruptly in New Zealand, but senior figures close to the Finnish star are playing down suggestions of early trouble.

Wittich still doesn't know why FIA sacked him

Former Formula 1 race director Niels Wittich says he was dismissed by the FIA without explanation, describing his sudden removal as "the disappointing truth" of how senior officials are treated under the governing body's leadership.

Dunne explains McLaren exit amid Red Bull intrigue

Alex Dunne has played down speculation surrounding his shock decision to leave McLaren's driver development program last year, insisting the move was a calculated step toward his ultimate goal of reaching Formula 1.

Wolff ends Mercedes side projects amid title drought

Toto Wolff says Mercedes is shutting down its diversification experiments and returning to a single-minded focus on Formula 1, as the team prepares for a decisive reset under the 2026 regulations.

JANUARY 8, 2026

Audi could run first 2026 car this week?

Audi's all-new Formula 1 project could take its first tentative steps onto the track as early as Friday, according to a report in Germany.

Ferrari to test two 2026 car concepts as rethink begins

Ferrari is planning an unusual split approach to the opening phase of its 2026 preparations, with two different car specifications set to be run before the season begins.

Horner comeback talks widen as hurdles emerge

Christian Horner's path back to Formula 1 is proving far more complex than early winter rumours suggested, with talks understood to be underway on two separate fronts.

DECEMBER 23, 2025

Red Bull wrong to drop Lawson in 2025 says Verstappen

Max Verstappen says Red Bull Racing acted too quickly in dropping Liam Lawson after just two races at the very start of the 2025 season.

F1 engine row deepens, FIA weighing one-year compromise

The 2026 power unit controversy has intensified amid claims that Mercedes is not alone in exploiting a potential loophole, but may still emerge as the biggest beneficiary.

Marko exit sparks fears of F1 character crisis

The departure of Dr Helmut Marko is being framed by commentators as more than just a Red Bull issue, with concerns growing that Formula 1 itself is losing some of its last defining personalities.

DECEMBER 22, 2025

Engine row erupts over alleged 2026 compression loophole

Formula 1's 2026 engine rules have been thrown into early controversy after reports that Honda, Ferrari and Audi are challenging Mercedes and Red Bull over an alleged compression-ratio loophole.

Mintzlaff defends Horner exit, plays down Verstappen clause

Red Bull chief executive Oliver Mintzlaff has strongly defended the decision to part ways with Christian Horner, insisting the team had no choice but to "turn the page" - while also dismissing suggestions that Max Verstappen holds undue power within the organisation.

Germany still waiting as Domenicali cools comeback hopes

Formula 1 CEO Stefano Domenicali has played down expectations of an imminent German GP return, warning that the event will not force its way back onto the calendar without the right commercial conditions.

Vasseur considering engineer switch for Hamilton

Ferrari boss Frederic Vasseur has openly acknowledged that the Scuderia misjudged the scale of Lewis Hamilton's difficulties during his troubled first season in red.

Verstappen spells out number 2 Red Bull hierarchy

As Isack Hadjar gets ready for his first season alongside Max Verstappen at Red Bull, the quadruple world champion has made it clear what he believes works best at the sharp end of Formula 1.

Colletta plays down Ferrari F1 shake-up rumours

Ferrari's World Endurance Championship boss Antonello Colletta has firmly dismissed speculation that he could be lined up to replace Frederic Vasseur as Formula 1 team principal.

DECEMBER 19, 2025

Pollock warns Cadillac patience key as F1 newcomer

Craig Pollock says Cadillac faces a long, difficult road as it builds a Formula 1 team from scratch - but insists the timing of its entry could hardly be better.

Body, not age, slows F1 drivers down says Verstappen

Max Verstappen says Fernando Alonso has shown him that age alone does not make a Formula 1 driver slower - but the physical toll of the cars certainly grows.

Verstappen shrugs off Mercedes rumours once again

Max Verstappen has again played down persistent rumours linking him with Mercedes, insisting he has made his position clear amid renewed speculation following his recent GT3 test.