Formula One News — April 2024

APRIL 4, 2024

Pirelli Turkey wins tender to revive Istanbul F1 race

Plans to revive the defunct Turkish GP at Istanbul have hit the accelerator.

APRIL 3, 2024

Verstappen lifted spirits by skiing in Japan

Dr Helmut Marko insists he has "no worries" about a recurrence of the brake problem that led to Max Verstappen's ultra-rare retirement in Melbourne.

F1 CEO defends Sainz's ousting at Ferrari

F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali has defended Ferrari's decision to oust Melbourne winner Carlos Sainz in favour of Lewis Hamilton from 2025.

Wolff cancels plans to sit out Japanese GP

Toto Wolff has cancelled his plans to skip this weekend's Japanese GP.

APRIL 2, 2024

Cooler head preparing Tsunoda for top F1 seat

Yuki Tsunoda says he is rising to the challenge of proving he is "mature" enough for a top Formula 1 seat.

Horner scandal will be in next Netflix series

The Christian Horner scandal, and the wider Red Bull power struggle that is still playing out, will be covered in the next edition of the Formula 1 Netflix series Drive To Survive.

Pirelli wins battle to retain 18-inch wheels

Pirelli has won a quiet off-track battle to retain 18-inch wheels for Formula 1's new regulations era beginning in 2026.

Gasly may stick with Alpine for 2026 revolution

Pierre Gasly could stick with Alpine for the future, despite the Renault works team's current performance crisis.

Audi waiting two more weeks for Sainz decision

Audi, the new owner of Sauber, may only give Carlos Sainz a couple of weeks to accept an offer to spearhead the new works Formula 1 project.

Red Bull strife could help Ferrari win title says Arnoux

The internal strife at Red Bull could help Ferrari to truly challenge for the 2024 world championships.

Liberty-owned MotoGP not merging with F1 says Maffei

Greg Maffei, the CEO of Formula 1's commercial rights holder Liberty Media, has shot down rumours the category will be amalgamated with MotoGP.

Perez's only weak point is qualifying says Marko

Sergio Perez is closing on a new deal with Red Bull for 2025, according to Dr Helmut Marko.

Mercedes to replace Hamilton brands with Adidas?

Adidas and the Mercedes team have so far declined to confirm or deny if they are teaming up in Formula 1.

Antonelli's F1 test program now in full swing

Kimi Antonelli's preparation for a future in Formula 1 is now in full swing.

Dutch GP future beyond 2025 still clouded

Despite the event's popularity, and the obvious link with Dutchman Max Verstappen, the future of the Formula 1 race at Zandvoort remains clouded.