Formula One News — March 2024
MARCH 7, 2024
Alonso happy to be on lists at Red Bull and Mercedes
Fernando Alonso freely admits he is on the "lists" being drawn up by top teams Mercedes and Red Bull amid the swirling 2025 driver market silly season.
Not exciting F1 has triggered wave of scandals
Leading Formula 1 figures are watching on in horror as their sport becomes engulfed in scandal upon scandal.
No miracle changes in 2024 F1 pecking order now says Alonso
Even just a single race into the 2024 season, respected Formula 1 journalist Michael Schmidt thinks the pecking order is already essentially clear.
Audi already 100 percent Sauber owner?
Audi really is taking over 100 percent of the Sauber team, with multiple authoritative sources now insisting that little doubt remains about the VW-owned brand's commitment to entering Formula 1 for 2026.
MARCH 6, 2024
New F1 scandal worsens for embattled FIA president
A new scandal engulfing the president of Formula 1's governing body has only worsened for Mohammed Ben Sulayem.
Wednesday Press Conference
Saudi Arabia GP - Wednesday Press Conference
Ferrari's F1 policy could backfire in 2025 says Prost
Alain Prost wonders if Ferrari's new policy of having no clear de-facto 'number 1' driver from next year can work for the fabled Maranello marque.
Tsunoda at Aston Martin would be great says Honda
Honda says no decision has been taken as to whether Yuki Tsunoda will move on from the Red Bull family next year.
Red Bull's Mateschitz successor Mintzlaff to be in Jeddah
The scandal engulfing Christian Horner and revealing the depth of a power struggle at Red Bull looks set to race on throughout and beyond this weekend's Saudi Arabian GP.
Magnussen's qualifying struggle not acceptable
It is "not acceptable" for Kevin Magnussen to be so far behind his teammate Nico Hulkenberg in qualifying, Haas' new team boss has warned.
MARCH 5, 2024
More faces could leave Alpine amid F1 team crisis
Alpine has confirmed the departure of its technical chiefs Matt Harman and Dirk de Beer, in the wake of the team's woeful performance in Bahrain with the slowest-in-field 2024 car.
Kovalainen to undergo surgery
News is emerging from Finland, where former McLaren and Renault driver Heikki Kovalainen will soon undergo life-saving open-heart surgery.
FIA president in Turkey for F1 race revival talks
Turkey is making a major bid to return to the Formula 1 calendar, according to the Russian news agency Tass.
FIA president accused of tampering with F1 race result
Yet another scandal is breaking out in Formula 1 - this time putting FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem under the spotlight.
Perez doing well to not be destroyed by Verstappen
If Sergio Perez can keep finishing second behind Max Verstappen this year, his place at the dominant Red Bull team might be safe for 2025.
Steiner not ready for new F1 team management role
Gunther Steiner insists he is in no rush to return to the world of Formula 1 team management.
Aston trying to impress Alonso with early car upgrades
Aston Martin is already hard at work to rapidly improve its 2024 car and convince Fernando Alonso to stay in 2025.
MARCH 4, 2024
Verstappen has character to keep dominating F1 says Prost
Max Verstappen can navigate the murky waters at the very top of Formula 1 for a long time to come, according to F1 legend Alain Prost.
Horner's top job at Red Bull untenable now says Schumacher
Ralf Schumacher suspects Mercedes and the Verstappen camp are "already in negotiations" for a sensational switch from Red Bull to Mercedes.
Struggling Alpine may be candidate for Andretti takeover
Questions are now being asked about how long Alpine will maintain the support of Renault.
Acceptable to call rebranded F1 team RB
It's acceptable for fans and the media to call the rebranded Alpha Tauri team 'Racing Bulls' or simply 'RB', CEO Peter Bayer says.
Hamilton won't take big secrets to Ferrari
Toto Wolff says he's confident Lewis Hamilton will not take reams of secret information about Mercedes' success to Ferrari next year.
Briatore working on best option for Alonso
Flavio Briatore, who still oversees the big-picture management of Fernando Alonso's career, admits he is already scouring the paddock for opportunities for 2025.
MARCH 3, 2024
Verstappen already in a different galaxy
As Max Verstappen dominated the Bahrain GP having also secured the first pole position on offer in 2024, hopes began to fade among Red Bull's rivals.