Formula One News — February 2024

FEBRUARY 8, 2024

Mercedes must try to sign Verstappen for 2025 says Danner

Mercedes should make the boldest possible step after losing Lewis Hamilton for 2025 and try to woo Max Verstappen away from Red Bull.

Albon defends Sargeant's 5kg weight gain for 2024

In the era of hefty F1 cars, it is notable that Logan Sargeant is admitting to have put on a whopping 5 kilograms over the winter break.

FEBRUARY 7, 2024

F1 insiders doubt Horner will survive Red Bull scandal

Former F1 driver Giedo van der Garde doubts Red Bull team boss Christian Horner will survive his current "inappropriate behaviour" scandal.

Can Albon secure top F1 seat?

Two F1 insiders are not so sure Alex Albon is really a worthy candidate for one of the top seats on the grid.

Hamilton must fight to be Ferrari's top dog

A throng of highly-respected Formula 1 personalities are chewing over whether Lewis Hamilton or Charles Leclerc will be the biggest winner in Ferrari's bombshell 2025 driver lineup.

Mercedes can survive Hamilton-led staff exodus

Hans-Joachim Stuck thinks Mercedes can still thrive as a Formula 1 force even in its post-Lewis Hamilton era.

Bottas not ruling out shock Mercedes return

Valtteri Bottas' is not ruling out a shock return to Mercedes to replace his Ferrari-bound former teammate Lewis Hamilton in 2025.

Sauber to switch between two team names in 2024

Sauber will actually have two different official names for Formula 1's 2024 season.

Williams keeping 2024 car a secret for now

Williams is keeping its car for the 2024 season very close to its chest

FEBRUARY 6, 2024

Horner could lose F1 career over accusations?

Ahead of another season of expected dominance for Red Bull, the entire Formula 1 career of the team's long-serving boss Christian Horner is in tatters.

Albon not confirming definite 2025 Williams seat

Rumours Alex Albon is one of F1's hottest properties for the 2025 driver market have been scotched by James Vowles, his current boss at Williams.

Sainz very calm about post-Ferrari F1 career

Carlos Sainz has broken his silence following confirmation he will be replaced by seven time world champion Lewis Hamilton in 2025.

Hamilton arrival may help Leclerc win title says Alesi

According to Corriere dello Sport newspaper in Italy, Charles Leclerc is unhappy behind the scenes at Ferrari after it emerged that he will be paired with Lewis Hamilton in 2025.

Singapore still reviewing F1 deal amid scandal

A dark cloud continues to hang over the future of Formula 1's original night race in Singapore.

FEBRUARY 5, 2024

Sauber launches 2024 car

Sauber today launches the Stake F1 Team C44, its 2024 F1 challenger at London’s Guildhall.

Williams unveils 2024 livery

Williams Racing unveiled the team's livery for the 2024 car to be driven by Alex Albon and Logan Sargeant.

Wolff plays down 2025 Vettel comeback rumours

Toto Wolff is already fending off the early and wild rumours about who will replace Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes in 2025.

Not many candidates to replace Hamilton says Ralf

As the dust continues to settle after Lewis Hamilton's bombshell news last week, the candidates to replace him at Mercedes in 2025 are now starting to pile up.

Lawson admits F1 future with RB promising

Liam Lawson admits that the future of the team that he will probably race for sooner or later in Formula 1 is looking "promising".

Former driver slams F1 for Andretti-Cadillac rejection

Spanish racing driver Oriol Servia has slammed Formula 1 for rejecting Andretti-Cadillac's FIA-approved bid to enter the sport.

Sacked de Vries ordered to give up half of F1 pay

Nyck de Vries must pay back half of all the money he earned during his ill-fated season with Alpha Tauri last year.

Haas owner didn't want to spend more on F1 says Steiner

Gunther Steiner admits he was fired by Gene Haas because he wanted the billionaire team owner to spend more money on Formula 1.

FEBRUARY 4, 2024

What are Sainz’s options

A few minutes after Ferrari made the very short announcement Lewis Hamilton will be joining the Scuderia from the start of 2025, ousted driver Carlos Sainz put up a short statement in his social media platorms, to confirm that, “following today’s news, Scuderia Ferrari and myself will part ways at the end of 2024.”

Vasseur relationship not affected by Hamilton snatch

Toto Wolff and Ferrari Team Principal Frédéric Vasseur go a long way back and over the 20 plus years they’ve known each other they forged the strongest friendship between Formula 1 team bosses, the Frenchman being best man at Wolff’s wedding and the two being in weekly contact, even after Vasseur took over Ferrari’s Formula 1 management.