Formula One News — April 2020
APRIL 14, 2020
Pirelli boss Isola still driving coronavirus ambulance
Pirelli boss Mario Isola is not sitting out the coronavirus crisis at home.
Ecclestone urges F1 to cancel 2020 season
Bernie Ecclestone is still urging Formula 1 to simply cancel the entire 2020 season.
Todt confirms FIA exit for 2021
Jean Todt says he will not push to remain FIA president beyond 2021.
Austria GP without spectators is conceivable says minister
Austria and Red Bull could be set to throw a lifeline to F1's endangered 2020 season.
Mosley regrets not making F1 path easier
Max Mosley says his biggest regret as FIA president was failing to make it easier for young drivers with a "normal family" to target a career in Formula 1.
Raikkonen helps with team development says Vasseur
Kimi Raikkonen enjoys taking part in the "development" of the Alfa Romeo team, according to team boss Frederic Vasseur.
F1 delays crucial budget cap decision says Todt
F1 has delayed making a decision about how to proceed with further cost cutting measures amid the coronavirus crisis.
Briatore will not return amid crisis
Flavio Briatore doubts there would be buyers for teams who cannot make it through the coronavirus crisis.
APRIL 13, 2020
Sir Stirling Moss - Best photos from the Cahier Archive
Best photos from the Cahier Archive
APRIL 12, 2020
Sir Stirling Moss 1929-2020
British racing legend Sir Stirling Moss passed away early this morning (April 12) at his home in London, after a long illness, at the age of 90.
APRIL 9, 2020
Todt wanted Ferrari to reveal secret agreement
Jean Todt admits that the legality of Ferrari's 2019 engine will "absolutely" remain questioned by some.
Alfa Romeo also furloughs F1 team staff
Alfa Romeo has joined four other F1 teams in furloughing staff amid the coronavirus crisis.
Red Bull tailor made for Verstappen
Pierre Gasly says Red Bull is now a "tailor-made" team for Max Verstappen.
Dutch GP boss proposes Tuesday races
One way through the coronavirus situation for Formula 1 may be midweek races.
Kubica regains a lot of desire for F1
Robert Kubica says he has regained "a lot of desire for Formula 1" after a tough season with Williams last year.
Haas in talks to reduce race drivers pay
Haas' two race drivers are in talks about reducing their pay during the coronavirus pandemic.
World must start to live with virus says Briatore
"Nothing will be the same" in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, former F1 team boss Flavio Briatore has warned.
Sundays really strange without F1 says Domenicali
For the sake of "morale" and the "economy", former Ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali hopes Formula 1 racing will return to the world soon.
Second Portuguese venue eyes F1 race
Two Portuguese circuits have suddenly emerged as potential stand-in venues amid F1's coronavirus crisis.
Pandemic peak not reached yet says Villeneuve
Jacques Villeneuve is not surprised that Canada's Montreal race has been postponed.
APRIL 8, 2020
Original 2020 calendar must be forgotten says Dumontier
Race promoter Francois Dumontier said he had no choice other than to postpone June's Canadian GP.
F1 future becomes critical in July says Tost
The situation in Formula 1 will become "very critical" if the current shutdown period continues beyond July.
Possible no major races will happen in 2020 says Ezpeleta
MotoGP boss Carmelo Ezpeleta admits that top motorsport categories may not be able to race at all in 2020.
Red Bull reserve happy with new F1 role
Red Bull's new reserve driver is more than happy with his current role in Formula 1 - even if the coronavirus crisis means he is stuck for now in Japan.