Formula One News — May 2017
MAY 5, 2017
Former Ferrari boss critical after crash
Former Ferrari boss Cesare Fiorio is reportedly in a "critical" condition after a cycling crash.
Top teams light years ahead says Sainz
Carlos Sainz has lamented the fact that F1's top teams are "light years" ahead of the opposition.
Carey wants long term Spanish GP
New F1 boss Chase Carey says he aims to keep Barcelona on the calendar for the "long term".
Bottas win won't upset driver harmony says Mercedes
Mercedes chiefs are sure Valtteri Bottas' breakthrough win will not upset the balance in its driver lineup.
Indycar boss says Alonso move good for F1 too
Indycar boss Mark Miles thinks Fernando Alonso's Indy 500 foray is good not only for the American series, but also formula one.
Grosjean becomes GPDA director
Romain Grosjean has become a boss of the Grand Prix Drivers' Association.
Villeneuve surprised by Ferrari in 2017
Jacques Villeneuve says he is surprised by Ferrari's form so far this year.
Ferrari feared by Mercedes in 2017 says Marchionne
Sergio Marchionne says he is happy Ferrari is now "feared" once again by its top F1 competitor.
MAY 4, 2017
Renault starts work on 2018 car
Renault intends to "surprise" the F1 hierarchy in 2018.
F1 eyes pay-TV switch for Germany
F1's new owners are considering switching coverage of the sport within Germany to a pay-only platform.
Alonso at Indy 500 unfortunate says Carey
Chase Carey has admitted he would prefer if Fernando Alonso was preparing for next month's Monaco grand prix.
Carey not confirming 25-race calendar for future
F1 supremo Chase Carey says he is undecided about expanding the calendar to as many as 25 races.
Kubica could do New York Formula E race
Robert Kubica could be set to return to a premier open-wheel starting grid.
Vettel tips Barcelona boost for Red Bull
Championship leader Sebastian Vettel has tipped his old team Red Bull to return to the top in formula one.
Jordan sure Vettel in Mercedes talks
Former F1 team boss Eddie Jordan is certain Sebastian Vettel is in talks about a potential switch to Mercedes for 2018.
Lauda admits Ferrari clearly ahead
Mercedes needs to make "two steps forward" to catch up with Ferrari next time out in Barcelona.
Monaco admits it pays low F1 race fee
Monaco has denied it pays no fee to host the fabled street race in the Principality.
India wants millions in F1 taxes
The return door to India seems to have closed for formula one.
London admits talks for F1 car showcase
Plans are afoot for a demonstration of F1 cars in London ahead of this year's British grand prix.
MAY 3, 2017
Red Bull confirms Renault progress stalled
Red Bull has confirmed reports that a scheduled engine upgrade has been delayed by supplier Renault.
Ferrari move not in my head says Ricciardo
Daniel Ricciardo has played down reports linking him with a move to Ferrari.
Ecclestone happy with Ferrari-Mercedes fight
Former F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone says the best thing about the sport's new era is that there is finally a fight at the front.
Hamilton thinks nothing about Rosberg
Lewis Hamilton says he recovered quickly from the disappointment of losing last year's world championship.
MAY 2, 2017
Number 2 talks no motivation says Bottas
Valtteri Bottas has denied that being called a de-facto 'number 2' driver had something to do with his motivation to win in Russia last weekend.