Formula One News — March 2017
MARCH 3, 2017
Too early to consider next F1 deal says Hembery
Pirelli is not ready to think about staying in formula one beyond 2019.
Barcelona test win not important says Bottas
Valtteri Bottas has played down the significance of ending the week as the 'champion' of Barcelona testing.
MARCH 2, 2017
McLaren-Honda denies wild F1 split rumours
McLaren and Honda have both denied wild rumours their troubled works collaboration in F1 could be set to end.
Brawn eyes experimental non-championship F1 race
Ross Brawn says he would like to introduce an annual 'non-championship' race so F1 can experiment with new weekend format ideas.
Verstappen gets F1 abbreviation tweak for 2017
A minor tweak has put a smile on Max Verstappen's face in Barcelona.
FIA confirms Manor will not race in 2017
Manor's dwindling hopes of survival have now faded completely, as the FIA confirmed the collapsed backmarker will not race in 2017.
FIA to check for illegal suspension in Barcelona
The FIA is poised to start checking the legality of controversial suspension systems fitted to some 2017 cars.
Red Bull hopes to join Mercedes-Ferrari battle
On the basis of testing so far, 2017 is shaping up as a close battle between Mercedes and Ferrari.
MARCH 1, 2017
McLaren sticking with plan says Vandoorne
Stoffel Vandoorne says he has not been told if McLaren will modify its test programme in light of the problems struck so far.
Rosberg to attend Barcelona test
Two F1 test days into his retirement, world champion Nico Rosberg will be in the paddock on Wednesday.
Wolff, Horner say Melbourne protest possible
Mercedes and Red Bull say the risk rival teams could lodge a protest in Melbourne still exists.
Ferrari close to Mercedes says Steiner
Mercedes and Ferrari are leading the 2017 pack, according to a rival chief.
Drivers less important in 2017 says Alonso
Fernando Alonso has played down hopes the 2017 rules will put the skill of the driver right back in charge in formula one.
Canada GP secure through 2029
Canada's place on the F1 calendar for the next 13 years is secure.
Ferrari's 2017 approach risky says Montezemolo
Ferrari is taking a "risky" approach to the modern era in formula one.
Ferrari media blackout set to end
Kimi Raikkonen impressed at the wheel of Ferrari's 2017 car even though he is suffering from the flu.
Wehrlein not dwelling on missed Merc seat
Pascal Wehrlein insists he is not dwelling on having missed out on the plum Mercedes seat for 2017.
New Ferrari huge step forward says Marchionne
Sergio Marchionne has broken Ferrari's media silence to declare the Italian team "optimistic" ahead of the 2017 world championship.
Pirelli happy to deliver on 2017 promises
Pirelli is happy it has delivered what F1 requested as the sport looks into its new era.
Mercedes denies mixing oil with fuel for F1 boost
Mercedes has shot down a rumour that a secret of its speed has been uncovered.