Formula One News — November 2015

NOVEMBER 12, 2015

Mercedes duo get early start on 2016 mind games

Brazil might be only the penultimate stop on the 2015 calendar, but Nico Rosberg seems determined to start his next title campaign straight away.

Brazil to debut grid boys and girls at Interlagos

Brazil will debut a world's first this weekend by mixing the traditional 'grid girls' with an equal number of 'grid boys'.

Lotus racing in Brazil despite police presence

Lotus' uncertain future was back on clear display on Wednesday as the other F1 teams prepared for the Brazilian grand prix.

Hamilton admits road car crash in Monaco

Lewis Hamilton has admitted he is travelling to Brazil late after a road car crash in Monaco earlier this week.

NOVEMBER 11, 2015

Mercedes denies Hamilton will miss Brazil

Mercedes on Wednesday dismissed rumours Lewis Hamilton could sit out this weekend's Brazilian grand prix.

Hellmund admits interest in buying Manor

Tavo Hellmund has admitted his interest in buying the British F1 backmarker Manor.

Magnussen fastest as Porsche shootout starts

Kevin Magnussen thinks he has put himself in pole position to make the switch to Le Mans with Porsche.

Mika Salo backs two-day race weekend idea

The idea of shortening F1's race weekend format from three to just two days of track action is gaining pace.

Two decades since Hakkinen nearly died

Exactly 20 years have passed since Mika Hakkinen almost died in a horrifying qualifying crash ahead of the 1995 Australian grand prix.

Verstappen not interested in local sports award

Max Verstappen has counted himself out of the running for a local sports award in his native Belgian province of Limburg.

Mercedes agreed rule changes for 'competition' - Lauda

Niki Lauda thinks Ferrari is poised to mount a serious challenge to Mercedes' dominance in 2016.

Lauda urges Rosberg to keep fighting Hamilton

Niki Lauda says he is urging Nico Rosberg to refuse to give up his fight to beat teammate Lewis Hamilton.

Funding dispute could end US GP saya Ecclestone

A dark cloud has moved above the future of the US grand prix in Austin.

Rumours Hamilton could miss Brazil GP

There are rumours Lewis Hamilton could sit out this weekend's Brazilian grand prix.

Mick Schumacher spotted at Maranello

Mick Schumacher, the son of the F1 legend and seven time world champion Michael, has been spotted in Ferrari country.

NOVEMBER 10, 2015

Client engine divides opinions of F1 insiders

The proposal to make F1 a two-tier engine formula has divided opinions among the sport's insiders.

Vandoorne confirms McLaren reserve role for 2016

Stoffel Vandoorne has confirmed reports he will officially replace the ousted Kevin Magnussen as McLaren reserve driver next year.

Former F1 driver Wurz announces retirement

Former F1 star Alex Wurz on Tuesday announced his retirement as a racing driver.

Lotus ready in case Renault deal falls flat

Lotus has admitted it has a back-up plan in the event the expected buyout by Renault falls over.

Ferrari not eyeing F1's commercial rights

Sergio Marchionne has ruled out a scenario in which Ferrari buys into F1's commercial rights.

Ex team driver tips big progress for McLaren-Honda

Former McLaren driver Stefan Johansson has tipped the now Honda-powered team to make "big progress" in 2016.

Bottas admits Massa's pace was a surprise

Valtteri Bottas admits he has been surprised with teammate Felipe Massa's pace at Williams.

NOVEMBER 9, 2015

Raikkonen not bothered by criticism

Kimi Raikkonen says he is not bothered that many are beginning to regard him as the 'number 2' at Ferrari.

Loss-making McLaren compensates Whitmarsh, Mercedes

A $15 million pay-out to former boss Martin Whitmarsh contributed to the financial loss recorded by McLaren last year.