Formula One News — May 2015

MAY 18, 2015

Verstappen heads to Monaco with bruised backside

Max Verstappen is heading to Monaco with a bruise on his backside.

Red Bull struggling to sell Austria GP tickets

Red Bull is struggling to sell tickets for next month's Austrian grand prix, official Dr Helmut Marko admits.

Honda engineer admits no F1 wins in 2015

One Honda engineer has broken ranks and admitted the Japanese marque will not power a McLaren driver to victory in 2015.

Ferrari not only attractive team says Bottas

Valtteri Bottas has played down talk of an impending switch to Ferrari, by insisting driving for other teams in F1 is also attractive.

CVC worst thing ever for F1

According to one of the longest-serving and most influential F1 journalists of all time, the great Gilles Villeneuve would have "hated" the sport today.

Tyre debate returns to F1 paddock

After a low-profile period for F1's official supplier, suddenly "tyres" and "Pirelli" are being talked about again.

F1 changes yet to clear hurdles

Time will tell how much last Thursday's meeting of the Strategy Group will actually change the direction of formula one.

Verstappen welcomes Strategy Group decisions

Former F1 driver Jos Verstappen has backed the decisions taken last week by the Strategy Group.

No plans yet for Button's McLaren future

Just five races into 2015, attention is already returning to the issue of Jenson Button's future.

MAY 15, 2015

F1 approves faster cars for 2017

F1 on Friday confirmed that things are changing for 2017.

FIA to outline Strategy Group results on Friday

The news filtering out from Thursday's landmark meeting of the Strategy Group is not encouraging.

Audi foray discussed by Strategy Group

It is believed a potential F1 foray for the Volkswagen Group was discussed on Thursday during the high-profile Strategy Group meeting.

Ecclestone will be replaced says Stewart

Fernando Alonso, who tested Ayrton Senna's old 1988 car recently, said this week he wishes he had raced in that era.

F1 should green-light new tyre war

David Coulthard thinks F1 needs a 'tyre war' once again.

Kvyat calm as pressure builds

Daniil Kvyat insists he is staying calm amid his troubled time in formula one.

2015 Mexico race already sold out

The Mexican grand prix is already sold out.

MAY 14, 2015

Ferrari quietly extends Marlboro deal

Tobacco giant Philip Morris has quietly extended its sponsorship deal with Ferrari, the Bloomberg news agency reports.

Toro Rosso plays down Renault team takeover

Toro Rosso chief Franz Tost has played down the chances of a team takeover by Renault.

Secret F1 income payment system leaked

Ahead of a crucial meeting about F1's future on Thursday, the inequality of the sport's secret payments system has been exposed.

Hakkinen understands Mercedes team order

Mika Hakkinen says he can understand why Mercedes issued a 'team order' towards the end of the Spanish grand prix.

Ferrari exit unavoidable for Alonso

Luca di Montezemolo has backed away from his earlier criticism of Ferrari.

Managers want Bottas to be champion

Mika Hakkinen says he does not want to add more fuel to the rumours surrounding Valtteri Bottas.

Renault admits something wrong at factory

Renault has admitted there is "something wrong" at its Viry-Chattilon base.

Honda to use engine tokens mid-season

Honda will "soon" begin to spend its tokens to improve the performance of its F1 engine.