Formula One News — February 2015
FEBRUARY 19, 2015
Gribkowsky hands over bribe to German bank
Gerhard Gribkowsky has handed over more than a quarter of the $44 million alleged 'bribe' he was paid by F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone.
No quick fix to McLaren-Honda problems says Ramirez
A crucial month lies ahead for the new McLaren-Honda collaboration.
Sirotkin confirms talks for Force India test seat
Sergey Sirotkin has admitted he is in talks with Force India.
Bahrain confirms Qatar race talks still on
Bahrain has admitted it is in "talks" amid reports neighbouring Qatar is about to join the F1 calendar.
Vettel must beat Raikkonen in 2015 says Coulthard
Sebastian Vettel must beat friend and new Ferrari teammate Kimi Raikkonen in 2015.
Age controversy will soon be old
Max Verstappen thinks all the stories about his age will soon be old.
Sutil's manager denies Le Mans reports
Adrian Sutil's manager has denied reports linking the German driver with a top Le Mans seat for 2015.
FEBRUARY 18, 2015
F1 bans mid-season helmet livery changes
Mid-season helmet livery changes have been banned, according to reports on Wednesday.
Force India announces 2015 test role for Mercedes' Wehrlein
Pascal Wehrlein's forthcoming Force India test duties were made official on Wednesday.
Sutil linked with Nissan seat for Le Mans
Adrian Sutil could keep his top motor racing career alive in 2015 with a Le Mans seat.
F1 rejects rules revolution for 2016
A rules revolution in formula one will have to wait, after the decision-making F1 Commission met in Geneva on Tuesday.
Hulkenberg, Perez prepare for Barcelona test
The absent-in-Jerez Force India team is busily setting up for this week's second pre-season test.
Champion trio to begin Barcelona action
Three world champions will bring F1 track action back into life on Thursday.
FEBRUARY 17, 2015
FIA study shows F1 costs could be halved
A study commissioned by the FIA reportedly shows that costs in formula one could be halved without hurting the 'show'.
Ferrari reveals vision of F1 future
Just as the F1 Commission meets in Geneva, Ferrari has outlined its vision of the sport's future.
F1 Commission to consider future on Tuesday
F1 will round another corner to the future on Tuesday.
Vettel like copy of Schumacher says Arrivabene
The true 2015 pecking order will still not become clear at this week's Barcelona test.
Mercedes to decide token strategy before Melbourne
A big unknown ahead of the 2015 season is how F1's manufacturers will manage the new engine 'unfreeze'.
McLaren still struggling to run 2015 car?
McLaren-Honda may still be struggling to make progress with their new 2015 car.
F1 should respect Alonso's Ferrari exit says Campos
Ferrari's management situation led to the departure of number 1 driver Fernando Alonso.
Manor pays 2015 fee, FIA leaves door open
Manor, formerly known as Marussia, is plotting its course for a 2015 return.
Ricciardo admits Ferrari looking strong
Daniel Ricciardo, the only non-Mercedes driver to win races last year, has admitted he might have a new rival in 2015.
F1 appeal has diminished says Friesacher
Former Minardi driver Patrick Friesacher has joined the ranks who argue F1 took a sharp wrong turn.
F1 struggles hurt Ferrari brand power?
On-track struggles in formula one have hurt fabled Ferrari's brand power, according to a study by asset valuation company Brand Finance.