Formula One News — November 2013

NOVEMBER 12, 2013

Buyer could save embattled Nurburgring

The Nurburgring has moved one step closer to a saviour, as a potential buyer for the fabled German circuit emerged.

Salo tells Lotus to replace Raikkonen with Kovalainen

Fellow Finn Mika Salo has nominated Heikki Kovalainen as the ideal replacement at Lotus for his surgery-bound countryman Kimi Raikkonen.

NOVEMBER 11, 2013

Massa to partner Bottas at Williams in 2014

The Williams F1 team announced today that they have signed Felipe Massa to race for the team in 2014.

Too much back pain to race in Austin says Raikkonen

With scepticism greeting news of his early bath in 2013, Kimi Raikkonen on Monday said he has to have surgery on his back to end unbearable pain.

FIA to take $120m F1 ownership stake

The FIA is set to take a 1 per cent ownership stake in formula one.

Two candidates in frame for Raikkonen seat

Two candidates have emerged as possible replacements for the surgery-bound Kimi Raikkonen at Lotus for the remaining two grands prix of the year.

Salo backs Raikkonen's surgery over Lotus finale

Late last week, there was no sign Kimi Raikkonen was planning to sit out the last two grands prix of his Lotus career.

Alonso waiting on fitness for Austin GP

It is possible Fernando Alonso will not travel to Austin for this weekend's US grand prix.

Hamilton struggling in Pirelli era says Webber

Lewis Hamilton has also struggled to shine on Pirelli's 2013 tyres.

Coughlan returns to Nascar

Mike Coughlan is returning to America's premier Nascar series.

GP2 struggling to make mark as F1 feeder

Red Bull's Dr Helmut Marko has joined his McLaren counterpart in criticising the official F1 feeder series, GP2.

2013 title lacked sheen of earlier wins says Mateschitz

A leading figure at Red Bull's title sponsor Infiniti has admitted Sebastian Vettel has been "too successful" this year.

Kvyat qualifies for F1 super licence

Daniil Kvyat has qualified for his F1 super licence.

NOVEMBER 10, 2013

Raikkonen to miss final two races

Lotus-Renault has announced that Kimi Raikkonen will miss the final two F1 races of the season due to back problems.

NOVEMBER 8, 2013

Ecclestone said to have paid bribes to F1 team bosses

Bernie Ecclestone's long reign at the top of formula one could end over an alleged multi-million 'bribe' paid to jailed German banker Gerhard Gribkowsky.

Force India sent observer to Red Bull test

Force India sent an observer to a 'filming day' conducted this week by world champions Red Bull.

NOVEMBER 7, 2013

McLaren yet to decide between Perez, Magnussen

In light of conflicting reports about its 2014 driver lineup, McLaren insists it is yet to decide who Jenson Button's teammate will be.

New Pirelli deal to be for three years only

Pirelli is close to finalising a new deal to continue supplying tyres in formula one beyond the end of its 2013 contract.

Newey says managing tyre situation in 2013 is just luck

Adrian Newey has hit back at claims Pirelli's mid-season tyre switch was a stab at the ingenuity of rival teams like Lotus and Ferrari.

Horner not interested in succeeding Ecclestone

Christian Horner this week has once again played down reports he is first in line should Bernie Ecclestone step down as F1 supremo.

Rosberg confident Mercedes can beat Red Bull in 2014

Nico Rosberg says he is confident Mercedes can end Red Bull's dominance ahead of the 2014 season.

Raikkonen could race a Sauber in Austin

The big question ahead of next weekend's US grand prix in Austin is the whereabouts of Kimi Raikkonen.

NOVEMBER 6, 2013

Alonso's Pirelli criticism upsets chairman

Pirelli chairman Marco Tronchetti Provera has hit back at Fernando Alonso's criticism of the Italian marque's F1 tyres in 2013.

Vettel tells Newey to forget yachting

NSebastian Vettel has urged the designer of his dominant Red Bull cars, Adrian Newey, to forget about switching to the world of competitive yachting.