Formula One News — June 2013
JUNE 25, 2013
No level playing field in F1 for Marussia
Marussia is not racing on a "level playing field", team chief executive Graeme Lowdon has told the Guardian newspaper.
McLaren must not lose 2014 season too
McLaren must not 'lose' another whole season by bungling the development of its next car, new team driver Sergio Perez has warned.
JUNE 24, 2013
Red Bull denies plot to mimic Mercedes test
Red Bull on Monday was quick to officially deny reports it is considering breaking the rules as a counter-punch to the 'test-gate' scandal verdict.
Most teams have 2014 deals with Pirelli
Most formula one teams have deals in place with Pirelli beyond 2013, according to a report.
Kubica insists no plans for F1 test return
Robert Kubica insists he is not pushing for a formula one track test, even though he is 80 per cent ready to return to the pinnacle of motor sport.
Lowe exit not cause of McLaren crisis
Jenson Button has denied the absence of former technical director Paddy Lowe explains McLaren's struggle in 2013.
Ferrari disappointed to be dragged into Mercedes defence
Ferrari has admitted it is "disappointed" to have been used as part of Mercedes' defence as the German team escaped from the test-gate scandal with a light penalty.
Valencia surprised Barcelona selling 2014 tickets
Valencia's regional government has expressed surprise at news Barcelona is selling tickets for the 2014 Spanish grand prix.
Hamilton yet to mend broken friendship with Sutil
Adrian Sutil insists his friendship with Lewis Hamilton remains broken.
Felipe Nasr close to 2014 F1 seat
20-year-old Brazilian Felipe Nasr is likely to make his F1 debut in 2014.
Pic waiting for 2014 Caterham-Renault contract
Charles Pic's future is closely tied to Renault, manager Olivier Panis has admitted.
JUNE 23, 2013
Red Bull wanted $100m fine for Mercedes
The curious outcome of the 'test-gate' saga is that, although found guilty of breaking the rules, Mercedes is reacting with relief at the outcome of the international tribunal' verdict.
Renault reveals sound of 2014 V6 engine
Renault on Friday revealed a sneak-preview of the sound of its 2014 engine.
Ferrari furious, Pirelli may sue as test-gate rolls on
Ferrari has ridiculed Mercedes' penalty in the wake of the 'test-gate' hearing late last week.
JUNE 21, 2013
Mercedes GP statement
The Mercedes GP team issued a statement following the decision of the FIA Tribunal.
Tribunal - Mercedes reprimanded and excluded from young driver test
The FIA Tribunal has reprimanded Mercedes for using a 2013 car during a Pirelli tyre test, and has excluded the team from taking part in the young driver test this summer.
Ecclestone has 2014 contract with Pirelli
Amid the 'test-gate' storm and uncertainty about the future, Bernie Ecclestone has revealed that Pirelli "has a contract" beyond 2013.
FIA delays test-gate verdict until Friday
The world of F1 remains on tenterhooks after the FIA delayed its decision in the 'test-gate' scandal.
Hamilton says title chances wasted at McLaren
Six months after he left McLaren, it is clear the wounds between Lewis Hamilton and the great British team are far from being healed.
According to Webber 'ball in my court' over Red Bull future
Mark Webber has contradicted reports he is waiting on Red Bull to decide whether he will be retained beyond his expiring 2013 contract.
JUNE 20, 2013
Rivals watch on as test-gate arguments rage
Red Bull's Christian Horner made a surprise appearance in Paris on Thursday as the 'test-gate' hearing began.
F1 holds breath for test-gate hearing
The F1 world is holding its collective breath ahead of the 'test-gate' hearing in Paris on Thursday.
Button thinks Pirelli-factor hurting F1 ticket sales
Jenson Button thinks the economy and an 'after you' style of racing in 2013 has hurt ticket sales ahead of the British grand prix.
Maldonado not threatened by rising star Bottas
Pastor Maldonado insists he does not feel threatened by the rising form of his rookie teammate Valtteri Bottas.