Formula One News — May 2013
MAY 6, 2013
Webber thinks qualifying much less important now
Qualifying is no longer as important as in the past, according to Mark Webber.
2013 title out of reach for McLaren now
The 2013 title is slipping away from McLaren, according to the British team's former long-time driver David Coulthard.
Red Bull the team to beat
With the European phase of the 2013 season now looming, Rubens Barrichello thinks Red Bull is a step ahead.
Lotus surprised no soft tyre for Spain
Lotus has admitted it is "surprised" at Pirelli's decision to not supply the 'soft'-compound tyre this weekend in Barcelona.
Sauber not considering firing Gutierrez
Peter Sauber has played down suggestions the Swiss team might be considering ousting underperforming rookie Esteban Gutierrez.
MAY 4, 2013
F1 considering demerit point penalty system
Formula one chiefs will meet next weekend in Barcelona to discuss a potential demerit-points system that could lead to drivers facing race bans for repeat misbehaviour.
MAY 3, 2013
Mercedes could offer Kubica F1 test
Mercedes says it would be willing to give Robert Kubica a formula one test.
Williams clarifies reports of financial loss
Williams has played down reports it suffered a financial loss last year, insisting instead that it is gearing up to expand.
Who is in charge at Red Bull?
In the wake of the 'Multi-21' team orders debacle, an important question has emerged at Red Bull -- who is really in charge?
Brawn warns more changes could hurt Mercedes
Ross Brawn has warned Mercedes against making more big changes to the team that could result in a performance dip.
Next Red Bull junior close to F1 debut
The latest cream of Red Bull's junior driver programme insists he is ready to step up to formula one.
MAY 2, 2013
Loss of F1 income hurts small teams
Pat Symonds has admitted Marussia's loss of Concorde Agreement revenue "really hurts".
Vettel's success hurting Silverstone ticket sales
Sebastian Vettel's success is hurting ticket sales for next month's British grand prix, organisers of the Silverstone race claim.
Laffite doubts F1 return for Magny Cours
Former F1 driver Jacques Laffite has played down reports Magny Cours is still in the running for a return to the F1 calendar.
Grosjean can put troubles behind
Romain Grosjean has put his troubled start to the 2013 season firmly behind him, according to a Lotus team engineer.
Barcelona says Valencia could host 2014 Spanish GP
Valencia could still return to the F1 calendar in 2014.
Wurz turns to driver manager
Alex Wurz has entered the world of driver management.
Kovalainen tests vanity panel at Magny Cours
In between his Friday practice outings in Bahrain and Barcelona, Heikki Kovalainen has this week been back in action at the wheel of Caterham's 2013 car.
MAY 1, 2013
McLaren not writing off 2013
McLaren is refusing to write off the 2013 season, despite lagging a huge 86 points behind the lead of the constructors' championship after just four races.
Ferrari boss insists F1 shouldn't panic over Pirelli deadline
Stefano Domenicali insists F1 should not panic over the unknown identity of next year's official tyre supplier.
Kubica confirms Mercedes simulator test
Robert Kubica has confirmed reports he has tested at the wheel of Mercedes' driver simulator.
Salo says that Hard racing should not be punished
Mika Salo has gone some way to confirming reports FIA stewards are being lenient on F1 drivers' on-track behaviour in 2013.
Caterham not affected by Fernades football woes
Team owner Tony Fernandes' struggling football club will not affect his formula one team Caterham, an insider has insisted.
Marussia looks set for Ferrari power in 2014
Marussia looks set to use customer Ferrari engines in 2014.