Formula One News — April 2013
APRIL 12, 2013
Practice 2 Report - Shanghai Master Massa
Chinese GP - Practice 2 Report
Wolff says Mercedes must win a title soon
Mercedes must win a title, new director and shareholder Toto Wolff insists.
Magnussen is new McLaren reserve
McLaren has a new reserve driver twitching on the bench in China.
Sutil's return to China
The last time Adrian Sutil was in China, he was involved in a nightclub altercation that almost ended his formula one career.
Friday Press Conference
Chinese GP - Friday Press Conference
Friday Team Quotes
Chinese GP - Friday Team Quotes
Practice 2 Results
Chinese GP - Practice 2 Results
Hamilton feeling better after Shanghai allergy
Lewis Hamilton was back at work with Mercedes on Friday.
Clean-shaven Button wants McLaren to shave tenths
Jenson Button, whose face is normally covered in designer stubble, walked through Shanghai's paddock gates unusually clean-shaven.
Schumacher signs long term Mercedes deal
Michael Schumacher has signed a long-term ambassadorial deal with Mercedes, and will help his former F1 employer with 'safety and comfort systems'.
Practice 1 Report - Mighty Mercs.
Chinese GP - Practice 1 Report
Practice 1 Results
Chinese GP - Practice 1 Results
APRIL 11, 2013
Feisty Vettel says Webber deserved to lose
The 'Multi-21' affair stepped up another notch on Thursday, as a feisty Sebastian Vettel withdrew his apology to teammate Mark Webber.
Hamilton sits out Thursday with allergy
Lewis Hamilton was absent on Thursday as the rest of the formula one world congregated at the Shanghai circuit.
Thursday Press Conference
Chinese GP - Thursday Press Conference
Vettel breaks silence
Sebastian Vettel has stepped away from post-Sepang apologies in the wake of the 'Multi-21' affair, suggesting the resulting controversy only frustrated him.
Alonso still looking for title challenge
Fernando Alonso thinks his 2013 title challenge is still on track, despite a difficult start to the new season.
Kubica admits F1 return might not happen
Robert Kubica has admitted he might never return to formula one.
Raikkonen undecided on 2014
Kimi Raikkonen has refused to confirm or deny rumours linking him to Red Bull for 2014, insisting even retirement remains an option.
McLaren signs new partnership with Gillette for Asia
The McLaren formula 1 team has agreed a new marketing deal with Gillette.
Tyre situation causing team orders
Olivier Panis feels the worst thing about Pirelli's approach to 2013 is the teams' new tendency to impose team orders.
Whitmarsh wants F1 to work harder for Chinese market
Shanghai has been on F1's annual calendar since 2004, but so far the pinnacle of motor sport has not made the expected impact on the crucial Chinese market.
Hill concerned about F1 return to Bahrain
A week before F1's most controversial annual race, Damon Hill has expressed concerns about the latest reports coming from Bahrain.
APRIL 10, 2013
Red Bull scraps team orders after affair
In the wake of the 'Multi-21' affair, Red Bull has abolished team orders.