Belgian GP - Sunday - Race Incidents
* Pre-race: Anthony Davidson (20th) starts from the pits. Giancarlo Fisichella (down from 11th on the grid to 21st in the wake of an unscheduled engine change) is wheeled off the grid to start from the pits, too.
* Lap 1: Pole position qualifier Kimi Raikkonen sprints away to beat team-mate Felipe Massa into the first turn. Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton run side by side to and through Eau Rouge, before settling into third and fourth. Nico Rosberg is fifth from Heikki Kovalainen, Mark Webber, Nick Heidfeld, Ralf Schumacher, David Coulthard, Jarno Trulli, Jenson Button, Robert Kubica (relegated from fifth to 14th on the grid following an unscheduled engine change), Tonio Liuzzi, Adrian Sutil, Alex Wurz, Rubens Barrichello, Sebastian Vettel, Takuma Sato, Sakon Yamamoto and Davidson. Fisichella retires to the pits. Raikkonen leads by 1.3s
* Lap 2: Raikkonen continues to lead Massa by 1.3s. Kubica passes Button. Sutil passes Liuzzi. Wurz spins at the new chicane and drops to the tail of the field.
* Lap 3: Webber passes Kovalainen for sixth. Kubica passes Coulthard and Trulli for 10th. Sutil passes Button for 13th. Vettel passes Barrichello.
* Lap 4: Raikkonen extends his lead to 1.7s. Alonso is 1.9s behind Massa. Heidfeld passes Kovalainen. Sato passes Barrichello.
* Lap 5: A new benchmark from Raikkonen: 1m48.515s. Kubica passes Schumacher. Sutil passes Trulli.
* Lap 6: Raikkonen laps in 1m48.500s. Massa is 2,3s adrift.
* Lap 7: Raikkonen goes faster again: 1m48.498s. Vettel pits.
* Lap 8: Kubica tries to pass Kovalainen but the Finn holds him off. Vettel pits to retire.
* Lap 10: Raikkonen leads Massa by 3.7s and Alonso by 7.9s.
* Lap 11: Kubica passes Kovalainen at the final chicane. Wurz passes Davidson.
* Lap 12: Raikkonen ups his pace: 1m48.095s. Hamilton is slowly closing on team-mate Alonso.
* Lap 13: Alonso starts to edge away from Hamilton again.
* Lap 14: Rosberg, Webber and Trulli pit.
* Lap 15: Raikkonen, Alonso and Kubica pit. Massa leads from Hamilton.
* Lap 16: Massa and Hamilton pit. They rejoin behind their respective team-mates, with Heidfeld, third, separating the Ferraris and McLarens. Sutil pits, too.
* Lap 17: Sutil runs wide at Les Combes. Hamilton does likewise at the final chicane. Yamamoto pits.
* Lap 18: Heidfeld pits.
* Lap 20: Raikkonen leads Massa by 4.5s, Alonso by 15.0s and Hamilton by 17.5s. Schumacher pits. The closest on-track battle is between Coulthard and Kubica, for 10th.
* Lap 21: Sato and Wurz pit.
* Lap 22: Kovalainen pits. Barrichello runs wide at the last chicane.
* Lap 23: Wurz runs wide over a kerb and loses a place to Yamamoto.
* Lap 24: Button and Liuzzi pit.
* Lap 25: Coulthard and Davidson pit.
* Lap 26: Raikkonen is 4.9s clear of Massa, 18.9s clear of Alonso. Davidson runs wide at Les Combes. Barrichello pits.
* Lap 27: With everyone having pitted, Raikkonen leads Massa, Alonso, Hamilton, Heidfeld, Rosberg, Webber, Kubica, Kovalainen, Schumacher, Trulli, Coulthard, Sutil, Button, Sato, Liuzzi, Barrichello, Yamamoto, Wurz and Davidson.
* Lap 30: Rosberg and Sutil pit. Coulthard stops to retire.
* Lap 31: Raikkonen pits. Massa leads. Sato passes Button at Les Combes. Yamamoto pits.
* Lap 32: Massa pits. Alonso leads temporarily. Wurz pits.
* Lap 33: Alonso pits, as do Kubica and Sato.
* Lap 34: Massa posts a 1m48.036s. Heidfeld pits. Wurz comes in again, this time to retire.
* Lap 36: Button retires to the pits.
* Lap 37: Hamilton pits. He rejoins fourth, behind Alonso.
* Lap 38: Raikkonen leads Massa by 3.1s, Alonso by 17.2s and Hamilton by 23.6s.
* Lap 43: Hamilton runs wide at Pouhon and loses three seconds.
* Lap 44: Raikkonen wins by 4.6s from Massa, Alonso, Hamilton, Heidfeld, Rosberg, Webber, Kovalainen, Kubica, Schumacher and Trulli. Liuzzi, Barrichello. Sutil, Sato, Davidson and Yamamoto are lapped.