British GP - Sunday - Race Incidents
* Pre-race: First start aborted after Felipe Massa - fourth on the grid - stalls. He is wheeled to the pits.
* Lap 1: Lewis Hamilton makes a clean getaway from pole and repels Kimi Raikkonen's fast-starting Ferrari. Fernando Alonso stays third ahead of Robert Kubica, Heikki Kovalainen, Giancarlo Fisichella, Nick Heidfeld, Ralf Schumacher, Mark Webber, Jarno Trulli, David Coulthard, Scott Speed, Alex Wurz, Nico Rosberg, Tonio Liuzzi, Rubens Barrichello, Jenson Button, Anthony Davidson, Massa, Adrian Sutil, Christijan Albers and Takuma Sato (who starts from the pits after opting to change his race chassis).
* Lap 2: Hamilton leads by 0.6s. Rosberg passes Wurz. Massa passes Barrichello, Button and Davidson.
* Lap 3: Hamilton leads by 0.8s. Rosberg passes Speed. Massa passes Liuzzi.
* Lap 4: Hamilton laps in 1m21.898s to extend his lead to 1.0s. Massa passes Wurz.
* Lap 5: Raikkonen pares 0.2s from Hamilton's lead. Massa passes Speed.
* Lap 6: For the first time Massa fails to gain any places during the course of a lap.
* Lap 7: Hamilton leads by 1.1s. Massa passes Rosberg.
* Lap 8: Massa passes Coulthard. Webber pits to retire with hydraulic problems.
* Lap 9: Rosberg slithers onto the grass after a brush with Coulthard, but he doesn't lose any positions.
* Lap 11: Hamilton posts a 1m21.675s. His lead is 1.0s. Alonso, third, trails Raikkonen by 1.7s. Massa passes Trulli.
* Lap 12: Raikkonen sets a new fastest lap: 1m21.511s, then Massa does a 1m21.450s. Fisichella passes Kovalainen.
* Lap 13: Massa ups the ante: 1m21.266s.
* Lap 14: Raikkonen tried to pass Hamilton at Brooklands but the leader holds firm.
* Lap 15: Kovalainen and Rosberg pit.
* Lap 16: Hamilton, Kubica, Fisichella and Schumacher pit. Hamilton almost sets off before the fuel nozzle is released. Massa posts a 1m21.165s. Raikkonen leads.
* Lap 17: Raikkonen laps in 1m20.658s. Sutil retires in a cloud of engine smoke.
* Lap 18: Raikkonen pits and gets out ahead of Hamilton. Trulli comes in, too. Alonso leads.
* Lap 19: Heidfeld pits.
* Lap 20: Alonso pits. It's a short stop and he rejoins just ahead of Raikkonen.
* Lap 21: Alonso leads Raikkonen by 2.4s, with Hamilton a further 5.0s adrift in third. Kubica runs fourth from Heidfeld, Fisichella, Massa and Coulthard - the only one of the top eight yet to stop.
* Lap 22: Alonso extends his lead to 3.2s. Schumacher makes a second stop.
* Lap 23: Alonso moves 3.9s clear. Albers pits.
* Lap 24: Liuzzi pits.
* Lap 25: Alonso leads by 4.4s. Speed pits.
* Lap 26: Coulthard and Wurz pit.
* Lap 28: Alonso leads by 4.3s. Hamilton is falling ever farther behind in third. Sato pits.
* Lap 30: Alonso loses time among slower traffic. Two of those in his way - Speed and Wurz - collide at Club after being lapped. Speed retires on the spot. Wurz drops behind Rosberg. Davidson pits and returns to his garage. He later rejoins, seven laps down.
* Lap 31: Barrichello pits.
* Lap 32: Rosberg and Wurz pass Trulli.
* Lap 33: Button and Trulli pit.
* Lap 35: Fisichella pits.
* Lap 37: Alonso pits, as does Kovalainen.
* Lap 38: Hamilton and the lapped Rosberg pit.
* Lap 39: Albers pits.
* Lap 40: Raikkonen leads Alonso by 25.9s - and he's pulling away significantly on his lighter fuel load. Kubica pits.
* Lap 42: Kovalainen passes Fisichella. Heidfeld and Wurz pit.
* Lap 43: Raikkonen pits - and rejoins with his lead intact. Trulli pits to retire.
* Lap 44: Liuzzi pits.
* Lap 45: Raikkonen leads Alonso by 4.1s. Massa, Coulthard and Sato pit.
* Lap 48: Raikkonen leads Alonso, Hamilton, Kubica, the close-following Massa, Heidfeld, Kovalainen and Fisichella. The rest, headed by Barrichello, are lapped.
* Lap 54: Liuzzi stops by the side of the track.
* Lap 59: Raikkonen eases up to win by 2.4s. Hamilton is a distant third from Kubica, Massa and Heidfeld. Kovalainen is a lapped seventh from Fisichella, Barrichello, Button, Coulthard, Rosberg, Wurz, Sato and Albers.