Canadian GP - Sunday - Race Incidents
Pre-race: Christijan Albers does not take 21st place on the grid but remains in the pits.
* Lap 1: On pole position for the first time in Formula One, Lewis Hamilton is almost beaten to the first corner by team-mate Fernando Alonso but the Spaniard runs wide across the grass at Turn One and slips back to third, behind Nick Heidfeld. Felipe Massa slots into fourth ahead of Nico Rosberg, Kimi Raikkonen, Giancarlo Fisichella, Robert Kubica, Mark Webber, Takuma Sato, Jarno Trulli, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Rubens Barrichello, David Coulthard, Alexander Wurz, Scott Speed, Anthony Davidson, Heikki Kovalainen, Ralf Schumacher, Adrian Sutil and the late-starting Albers. Jenson Button is left on the grid and pushed to the pits.
* Lap 2: Hamilton extends his lead to 2.1s. Alonso is still tucked behind Heidfeld.
* Lap 3: Kovalainen passes Davidson for 17th.
* Lap 4: Webber spins at Turn One and drops to 15th.
* Lap 5: Hamilton leads by 3.2s. Albers clips a wall but continues.
* Lap 6: Webber breezes past Coulthard.
* Lap 7: Hamilton posts a 1m16.744s to extend his lead to 4.6s.
* Lap 8: Webber passes Barrichello.
* Lap 9: Speed hits Wurz and pulls off with bent front-left suspension.
* Lap 10: Hamilton leads by 7.7s.
* Lap 12: Kovalainen passes Wurz for 15th.
* Lap 15: Alonso runs onto the grass at Turn One.
* Lap 19: Alonso again runs wide at Turn One and slips to fourth, behind Massa.
* Lap 20: Heidfeld makes the race's first scheduled stop.
* Lap 21: Hamilton pits, as does Webber. The lapped Sutil crashes and stops by the edge of the track. The Safety Car is subsequently deployed.
* Lap 23: Alonso and Rosberg pit.
* Lap 25: Massa, Fisichella, Kubica, Trulli, Raikkonen, Liuzzi, Sato and Albers pit.
* Lap 27: Race restarts, with Hamilton leading Heidfeld, Alonso, Rosberg, Barrichello, Coulthard, Kovalainen, Wurz, Davidson, Schumacher, Webber and Massa. Kubica crashes heavily on the run to the hairpin. The Safety Car is deployed again. Coulthard and Fisichella pit.
* Lap 28: Alonso and Rosberg are handed penalties for stopping before the pit lane opened during the first Safety Car period.
* Lap 29: Trulli pits as the field continues behind the Safety Car.
* Lap 30: On the road, Hamilton leads from Heidfeld, Alonso, Rosberg, Davidson, Schumacher, Webber, Massa, Fisichella, Raikkonen, Sato, Albers and Kovalainen. Barrichello, Wurz, Coulthard, Liuzzi and Trulli pit.
* Lap 31: Coulthard pits again.
* Lap 32: Liuzzi pits again.
* Lap 34: Restart. Hamilton pulls 3.1s clear. Raikkonen runs wide at the hairpin and loses 10th to Sato.
* Lap 36: Hamilton posts a 1m16.543s to lead by 4.4s. Alonso and Rosberg serve their penalty stops. Coulthard and Liuzzi pass Trulli.
* Lap 37: Davidson pits but the team isn't ready. Coulthard pits to retire.
* Lap 38: Trulli and Rosberg spin together at Turn One.
* Lap 39: Davidson pits again.
* Lap 40: Schumacher is the last driver to make his first stop.
* Lap 42: Alonso passes Kovalainen for eighth. Barrichello passes Albers for 10th.
* Lap 44: Kovalainen pits.
* Lap 45: Chasing after Raikkonen, Alonso posts a 1m16.395s. Schumacher passes Albers.
* Lap 46: Alonso laps in 1m16.367s.
* Lap 47: Heidfeld pits.
* Lap 48: Hamilton pits, as do Fisichella and Albers, who has lost his nose after running across the grass. The Dutchman retires.
* Lap 49: Rosberg pits.
* Lap 50: Sato pits. Safety Car deployed to allow Albers's debris to be cleared.
* Lap 51: Fisichella and Massa are black-flagged for having earlier jumped a red light in the pit lane.
* Lap 52: Massa and Fisichella pit.
* Lap 53: Alonso, Raikkonen, Schumacher and Sato pit. Alonso and Raikkonen exit as one - and the Spaniard gets ahead.
* Lap 54: Webber pits.
* Lap 55: Restart. Hamilton pulls 2.2s clear of Heidfeld. Liuzzi slides off at the final chicane.
* Lap 56: Alonso revisits the grass at Turn One and loses a couple of places. The Safety Car comes out for the fourth time because of Liuzzi's accident.
* Lap 57: Hamilton leads Heidfeld, Barrichello, Wurz, Kovalainen, Trulli, Raikkonen, Schumacher, Alonso, Sato, Webber, Rosberg and Davidson.
* Lap 58: Trulli pits then crashes almost as soon as he rejoins.
* Lap 61: Restart. Hamilton leads by 1.3s, Alonso passes Schumacher for seventh.
* Lap 63: Barrichello pits.
* Lap 66: Sato passes Schumacher for seventh. He is now catching Alonso, whose pace has dropped significantly.
* Lap 68: Sato passes Alonso for sixth.
* Lap 70: Hamilton scores his maiden Formula One victory at the sixth attempt. He beats Heidfeld by 4.3s. Wurz is a distant third from Kovalainen, Raikkonen, Sato, Alonso and Schumacher.