Australian GP - Sunday - Race Incidents
* Pre-race: Christijan Albers starts from the pits rather than 21st place on the grid.
* Lap 1: pole position qualifier Kimi Raikkonen makes a flying getaway. Fellow front-row starter Fernando Alonso is squeezed by Nick Heidfeld. The German takes second while Alonso drops to fourth, behind rookie team-mate Lewis Hamilton. Robert Kubica seizes fifth from Giancarlo Fisichella, Mark Webber, Ralf Schumacher, Jarno Trulli, Takuma Sato, Heikki Kovalainen, Nico Rosberg, Jenson Button, Rubens Barrichello, Alexander Wurz, David Coulthard, Scott Speed, Felipe Massa (who qualified 16th but started last after an unscheduled engine change), Vitantonio Liuzzi, Albers, Anthony Davidson (down from 11th after almost stalling at the start) and Adrian Sutil.
* Lap 2: Raikkonen leads by 2,0s. Coulthard passes Wurz for 15th. Massa wrests 16th from Speed.
* Lap 3: Massa passes Wurz for 16th. Davidson and Sutil tangle. Sutil spins but both continue.
* Lap 6: Hamilton runs wide and clips the grass, without losing any places. Massa passes Coulthard. Sutil relegates Davidson to last place.
* Lap 7: Raikkonen laps in 1m 27.075s - his best yet - to extends his lead to 5.2s.
* Lap 10: Raikkonen posts a 1m 26.577s. His lead grows to 8.1s.
* Lap 11: Albers crashes into retirement at Turn Three.
* Lap 14: Raikkonen continues to lap comfortably faster than the rest. Heidfeld makes the race's first scheduled stop and drops to seventh. Barrichello passes Button for 13th.
* Lap 15: Raikkonen leads Hamilton by 14.9s. The pursuing pack all improve their lap times in the wake of Heidfeld's stop.
* Lap 16: Massa passes Button for 14th.
* Lap 19: leader Raikkonen pits and rejoins fourth, behind Kubica. Barrichello takes on fuel and tyres, too.
* Lap 20: new boy Hamilton leads. Fisichella pits and rejoins between the Toyotas, edging Trulli over the kerbs at Turn One to stay eighth.
* Lap 21: Kubica pits.
* Lap 22: Alonso pits, as does Webber.
* Lap 23: Hamilton pits - but loses time behind Sutil during the lap. The German is penalised for ignoring blue flags and comes straight in for his drive-through. Liuzzi comes in, too.
* Lap 24: Sutil earns another penalty - for crossing the blend line at the pit exit. Schumacher and Sato pit.
* Lap 25: Trulli and Speed pit.
* Lap 27: Kovalainen, Rosberg and Button pit.
* Lap 28: Coulthard pits.
* Lap 29: Massa pits. Button earns a drive-through for speeding in the pits. Davidson peels in for fuel and tyres. Speed skates into retirement at Turn 12.
* Lap 30: Button serves his penalty.
* Lap 31: Raikkonen leads Hamilton by 17.1s, with Alonso third from Kubica, Heidfeld, Fisichella, Schumacher, Rosberg, Kovalainen, Massa, Trulli, Wurz, Sato, Webber, Barrichello, Coulthard, Button, Liuzzi, Davidson and Sutil.
* Lap 32: Wurz is the last driver to make his first stop.
* Lap 34: Coulthard passes Wurz for 15th.
* Lap 36: Rosberg passes Schumacher for seventh.
* Lap 37: Kubica slows suddenly and heads for the pits.
* Lap 38: new fastest lap to Raikkonen: 1m 26.172s. Heidfeld makes a scheduled BMW
* Lap 39: Barrichello pits.
* Lap 40: Raikkonen laps in 1m 25.929s. Kovalainen spins at Turn One and loses a place to Massa.
* Lap 41: Raikkonen ups his pace to 1m 25.235s. Rosberg pits, as does Sutil.
* Lap 42: Raikkonen makes his final scheduled stop. Sato and Webber peel in some time later - the Australian spins on his way in.
* Lap 43: Hamilton pits, as does Button.
* Lap 44: Fisichella pits.
* Lap 45: Alonso pits and cedes the lead to Raikkonen. The Spaniard rejoins second, ahead of Hamilton. Schumacher, Liuzzi and Davidson all pit.
* Lap 46: Kovalainen and Trulli pit.
* Lap 47: Raikkonen runs wide at Turn Three, without serious harm. Coulthard pits.
* Lap 48: Raikkonen leads Alonso by 14.5s. Only Hamilton, Heidfeld, Fisichella and Massa - the top six - are still on the same lap. Rosberg and Schumacher run seventh and eighth.
* Lap 49: Coulthard tries to pass Wurz for 13th at Turn Three. He flies over the Austrian and lands in the gravel, minus his front left wheel. It's game over for Wurz, too.
* Lap 51: Kovalainen runs wide at Turn Seven.
* Lap 58: Raikkonen wins his first race for Ferrari, beating Alonso by 7.2s. Hamilton is third on his maiden F1 appearance, from Heidfeld, Fisichella and Massa. The latter two cross the line just 0.3s apart. The lapped Rosberg and Schumacher complete the scorers.