CHINESE GP - SUNDAY - RACE INCIDENTS
* Lap 1: At the start of the race the track is damp and the cars are all on intermediate tyres. Fernando Alonso takes the lead and is followed by Giancarlo Fisichella, Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello. At the first corner Robert Kubica goes wide and drops down through the field. Raikkonen goes around the outside of Barrichello to take fourth place. Later in the lap he passes Button as well to move third. At the end of the lap Alonso is 2.6secs ahead of Fisichella with Raikkonen third, Button fourth ahead of Barrichello, Michael Schumacher, Pedro de la Rosa and Scott Speed. Next up is Nick Heidfeld with Tonio Liuzzi on his tail. At the end of the first lap Robert Doornbos pits for repairs and rejoins at the back.
* Lap 2: Alonso extends his advantage to 3.9secs. Further back Kubica begins to make up places passing Felipe Massa and Ralf Schumacher to move up to 15th.
* Lap 3: The lead increase to 5.3secs. Kubica continues his recovery, passing Jarno Trulli for 14th place.
* Lap 4: Kubica passes Nico Rosberg for 13th.
* Lap 7: Alonso's lead is 7.8ssecs. Fisichella is next with Raikkonen still haanging on. There is then a big gap back to Button and Barrichello. Further back Mark Webber passes David Coulthard for 11th. Back in 16th place Felipe Massa goes off but is able to keep going.
* Lap 8: Alonso continues to pull away. Further back Schumacher passes Barrichello to fifth. Further back Heidfeld passes Speed for eighth place. Further back Kubica passes David Coulthard for 12th.
* Lap 9: Alonso moves 10secs ahead. In the midfield Webber passes Liuzzi for 10th. Further back Massa passes Ralf Schumacher for 16th. Down at the back Doornbos finally catches Christijan Albers for 21st.
* Lap 10: Massa passes Trulli for 15th place. Doornbos passes Tiago Monteiro for 20th.
* Lap 11: Massa passes Nico Rosberg for 14th place.
* Lap 12: Alonso sets fastest lap and moves more than 15secs ahead. In the midfield Kubica passes Liuzzi for 11th, while Massa overtakes Coulthard for 13th. Takuma Sato has an off and falls behind Doornbos.
* Lap 13: Raikkonen passes Fisichella for second position. At the same time Michael Schumacher gets past Button to grab fourth place. In the midfield Webber overtakes Speed for ninth position. Doornbos continues his progress overtaking Sakon Yamamoto for 18th.
* Lap 14: Massa overtakes Liuzzi for 12th position.
* Lap 15: Button is the first of the frontrunners to pit. He drops from fourth place to ninth. Kubica overtakes Speed to take 10th position.
* Lap 16: Alonso has an off but gets back without losing too much time. Raikkonen pits and drops back from second to fifth.
* Lap 17: Barrichello stops and drops from fourth to seventh. De la Rosa also stops and falls from sixth to eighth.
* Lap 18: Alonso is close to 20secs ahead of Fisichella, the two Renaults going much further on fuel than the two Hondas. Fisichella is under pressure from Schumacher for second place. Raikkonen is fourth with Heidfeld fifth and Webber sixth. Further back Kubica passes Button for ninth. Massa overtakes Speed for 11th.
* Lap 19: Raikkonen slows and pulls off to retire. Further back Coulthaard passes Liuzzi for 12th place. Liuzzi spins and drops back to 14th.
* Lap 20: Kubica passes de la Rosa for seventh. Massa overtakes Button for ninth. Also stopping is Rosberg in 14th.
* Lap 21: Michael Schumacher stops but stays third. Fifth-placed Webber stops and rejoins 11th.
* Lap 22: Alonso stops and changes his front tyres. Fisichella takes the lead. Fernando rejoins second. Heidfeld is third with Kubica up to fourth. Barrichello was fifth with de la Rosa sixth ahead of Massa and Button.
* Lap 23: Fisichella stops and Alonso goes back into the lead. Giancarlo stays second with Michael Schumacher third and Heidfeld fourth. Pedro de la Rosa makes a mistake and drops from sixth to eighth.
* Lap 24: Kubica is fifth when he pits. The team decides to put the Pole on dry tyres. It is a mistake. Kubica has several offs and returns to the pits back in 16th. In the midfield Speed stops and falls from 11th to 15th. Also stopping is Ralf Schumacher in a miserable 15th.
* Lap 25: Alonso is 10secs ahead of Fisichella but his lap times are not good as his tyres are not retaining the heat. Fisichella and Schumacher are closing in. Heidfeld stops and falls from fourth to sixth. Coulthard passes Button for eighth place but still has to stop. Also stopping are Trulli and Takuma Sato.
* Lap 26: Alonso's lead drops to six seconds.
* Lap 27: The gap is down to three seconds.
* Lap 28: Doornbos is up to 11th when he stops. He drops a place.
* Lap 29: Fisichella takes the lead but then overshoots and so falls behind Alonso again. The first of the one-stop racers come into the pits with Massa and Coulthard stopping. Massa drops back from fifth to 10th, Coulthard from eighth to 11th.
* Lap 30: Fisichella takes the lead.
* Lap 31: Michael Schumacher passes Alonso for second and chases after Fisichella. Liuzzi stops and switches to dry tyres.
* Lap 32: Rosberg pits again to go on to dry tyres. He falls from 13th to 16th.
* Lap 33: Speed switches to dry tyres.
* Lap 34: Webber spins but rejoins. Button, Webber and Massa all go into the pits for dry tyres.
* Lap 35: Alonso stops for dry rubber. He rejoins in sixth place after losing time when there is a problem with his right rear tyre. He loses around 12secs.
* Lap 36: Fifth-placed de la Rosa is the next to stop and falls back to eighth.
* Lap 37: De la Rosa has a spin. Barrichello stops and drops from third to fifth. Doornbos also stops and falls from 11th to 15th.
* Lap 39: ~With the track drying all the time Coulthard comes in to change to dry tyres. He drops from sixth to eighth.
* Lap 40: Schumacher and Heidfeld both stop for dry tyres. Further back Kubica comes in for dries as well. Michael stays second but Heidfeld loses third place to Alonso. Massa has a spin.
* Lap 41: Fisichella stops for dry tyres and rejoins ahead of Schumacher.
* Lap 42: At the first corner Fisichella slides wide and Schumacher goes for a gap on the inside and grabs the lead. Alonso is 12secs behind but recovering fast.
* Lap 45: Schumacher has created a lead of 11secs while Alonso has closed to within seven seconds of Fisichella with four consecutive fastest laps. There is then a big gap back to Heidfeld with Barrichello and Button fighting for fifth. De la Rosa is seventh with Coulthard and Massa disputing eighth. Massa passes but Coulthard drives into him. The Ferrari retires. That puts Liuzzi (the only man to have only one stop) to 10th.
* Lap 48: Alonso passes Fisichella for second place. Further back Coulthard has a spin and Webber moves to eighth. Ralf Schumacher overtakes Doornbos for 12th.
* Lap 49: Button goes off and loses sixth place to de la Rosa. Further back Ralf goes into the pits to retire.
* Lap 52: Alonso is closing on Schumacher but there is no hope that he will catch him in time unless Michael makes a mistake. In the midfield 10th placed Speed has a spin.
* Lap 54: Button passes de la Rosa for sixth.
* Lap 56: Schumacher wins with Alonso second and Fisichella a distant third. There is a big tangle as Heidfeld, Barrichello and Button fight for fourth with backmarkers Sakon Yamamoto and Christijan Albers in the mix as well. Heidfeld is boxed in by Yamamoto and so Button taakes fourth while Barrichello is caught out by sudden braking and runs into Heidfeld. De la Rosa goes through to take fifth behind Button. Barrichello rejoins to finish sixth and Heidfeld limps to the line in seventh. Webber picks up the final point while Coulthard is ninth and Liuzzi 10th, holding off a charge from Rosberg and Doornbos. A disappointed Kubica is 13th ahead of Sato and Speed.