BRITISH GP - SUNDAY - RACE INCIDENTS
* Lap 1: At the start of the race Fernando Alonso uses his pole position to good effect to take the lead from Kimi Raikkonen, Michael Schumacher, Felipe Massa and Giancarlo Fisichella. Behind them are Nick Heidfeld and Juan Pablo Montoya. At Becketts Ralf Schumacher is knocked into a half-spin by Scott Speed. Schumacher pulls to the right into the path of Mark Webber, putting them both out of the race. Speed pits but retires. A Safety Car is sent out.
* Lap 2: Behind the Safety Car Rubens Barrichello passes Montoya for seventh.
* Lap 4: The race restarts. Barrichello allows Montoya ahead again.
* Lap 5: Jenson Button overtakes Jarno Trulli to take 13th.
* Lap 6: Button passes Tonio Liuzzi for 12th place.
* Lap 8: Alonso leads by a second with Raikkonen second ahead of Michael Schumacher. Massa is fourth and Fisichella fifth. Heidfeld if sixth but cannot keep up and is holding back seventh-Montoya. There is then a gap back to Barrichello, Nico Rosberg, Jacques Villeneuve and David Coulthard. Button is 12th.
* Lap 9: Button blows up and spins off on his own oil.
* Lap 17: Trulli is the first man to pit, dropping from 11th to 16th.
* Lap 18: Michael Schumacher pits, showing that the Ferrari was running lighter than its rivals in qualifying. He rejoins in eighth place.
* Lap 19: Raikkonen and Massa both pit and are followed into the pits by Barrichello.
* Lap 20: Fourth-placed Montoya pits and falls back to 10th.
* Lap 21: Alonso continues in the lead but second-placed Fisichella heads for the pits and drops back to fifth.
* Lap 22: Alonso goes into the pits and gets out in the lead. Heidfeld is second but still has to pit. Raikkonen is third with Michael Schumacher fourth, Fisichella fifth and Massa sixth. Nico Rosberg has yet to stop and is running seventh with Jacques Villeneuve eighth.
* Lap 25: Heidfeld pits and drops to eighth place. Rosberg pits and is followed into the pits by David Coulthard.
* Lap 27: Sixth-placed Villeneuve pits and is followed into the pits by Liuzzi and Christian Klien. Villeneuve drops to ninth.
* Lap 28: Alonso leads by 12secs. Raikkonen is second with Michael Schumacher behind him. Fisichella is fifth ahead of Massa and Montoya, who is finally ahead of Heidfeld. Rosberg is eighth with Villeneuve ninth and Barrichello 10th. Trulli is 11th and is followed by Coulthard, Klien, Liuzzi, Christijan Albers and Tiago Monteiro.
* Lap 37: Trulli is the first man to pit for the second time and he falls back from 11th to 13th.
* Lap 38: Klien overtakes Coulthard for 11th.
* Lap 41: Michael Schumacher stops again and falls back to fifth place.
* Lap 42: Raikkonen pits again but gets out behind Schumacher.
* Lap 44: Alonso comes in for his second stop and Fisichella leads for a lap. Fernando rejoins third behind Fisichella and Massa.
* Lap 45: Fisichella and Massa pit and so Alonso goes back into the lead. Montoya, Rosberg and Coulthard also stop.
* Lap 46: The order at the front is now set with Alonso 12secs ahead of Schumacher. Raikkonen is third and dropping away. Fisichella is fourth with Massa fifth. Sixth-placed Heidfeld pits and drops back to eighth. This promotes Villeneuve to sixth but he has to stop again.
* Lap 48: Villeneuve has his stop and falls from sixth to eighth.
* Lap 60: Alonso wins the race. Michael Schumacher is second with Raikkonen third. Fisichella is right behind him. Massa is fifth and Montoya limps home to sixth. Heidfeld and Villeneuve finish seventh and eighth. Rosberg is ninth, the last man unlapped. Barrichello is 10th ahead of Trulli, Coulthard and Liuzzi (the only man to run a one-stop race). Alonso leads the championship by 23 points. He can now finish second to Michael Schumacher is all the races and still win the title.