SPANISH GP - SUNDAY - RACE INCIDENTS
* Lap 1: At the start Fernando Alonso takes the lead from Giancarlo Fisichella with Michael Schumacher and Felipe Massa following through in grid order. But behind them Kimi Raikkonen threads the needle as he takes his McLaren from ninth on the grid to fifth, passing both Hondas and both Toyotas. Rubens Barrichello is fifth ahead of Jenson Button, Jarno Trulli and Ralf Schumacher. Nick Heidfeld is 10th ahead of Juan Pablo Montoya, Mark Webber and a fast-starting Scott Speed. At the end of the lap Alonso has a lead of 1.6secs with Fisichella 1.4secs ahead of Michael Schumacher.
* Lap 2: Alonso pulls out the lead to 2.2secs with Fisichella apparently unable to keep up. This suggests that Alonso may be on a three-stop strategy. Down through the order David Coulthard passes Franck Montagny for 17th.
* Lap 3: Alonso sets another fastest lap and pulls out to three seconds ahead of Fisichella. Down at the back Tiago Monteiro has a spin and drops from 19th to 22nd.
* Lap 4: The pattern is the same with Alonso settings fastest laps and pulling away from the field. Jacques Villeneuve passes Takuma Sato for 19th place.
* Lap 5: Villeneuve passes Montagny for 18th.
* Lap 10: Alonso's lead is out to 7.2secs with Fisichella 1.6secs ahead of Michael Schumacher. Down at the back there is an incident and Takuma Sato spins. Both he and team mate Montagny comes into the pits. Montagny retires.
* Lap 16: Alonso's lead gets to 10secs. The Toyota challenge is blunted when Ralf Schumacher damages his front wing on the back of his team mate Trulli. Ralf pits. He drops to 18th place.
* Lap 17: Alonso heads for the pits and Fisichella takes the lead. Michael Schumacher is second with Massa third and Alonso fourth ahead of Raikkonen.
* Lap 18: Juan Pablo Montoya spins out of the race from 10th place. At the end of the lap Fisichella pits. Michael Schumacher takes the lead with Massa second.
* Lap 19: Massa pits and drops from second to seventh.
* Lap 21: Schumacher is lapping quickly with a gap of 13secs back to Alonso. Raikkonen is third. Fisichella is fourth with Barrichello fifth and Button sixth.
* Lap 22: Raikkonen pits and so Fisichella goes back to third. Kimi rejoins in seventh. Down at the back Ralf Schumacher passes Monteiro for 18th place.
* Lap 23: Schumacher pits. Alonso takes the lead again but Schumacher gets out ahead of Fisichella. Barrichello and Button are fourth and fifth. Ralf overtakes Christijan Albers for 17th.
* Lap 24: Barrichello makes his first stop and drops from fifth to 10th.
* Lap 25: Fisichella runs wide and loses time but he stays in third place. Button pits and drops from fifth to eighth, overtaking Barrichello as a result.
* Lap 26: Scott Speed, who is running 12th, stops and drops back to 16th.
* Lap 27: Sixth-placed Trulli pits and drops back to 11th. Further back Nico Rosberg, Tonio Liuzzi and David Coulthard all pit as well.
* Lap 28: Mark Webber is running eighth when he stops and drops back to 10th. Tenth placed Christian Klien also pits and falls to 13th.
* Lap 29: Nick Heidfeld has moved up to sixth but has to pit and so drops back to eighth.
* Lap 31: Ralf Schumacher slows down and goes into the pits. At the same time a part of Raikkonen's car falls off.
* Lap 32: Alonso has a 10-sec advantage over Michael with a similar gap back to Fisichella, who has dropped away after his incident. Massa is fourth but not really challenging and then there is a big gap back to Button and Barrichello. Heidfeld is eighth ahead of Trulli and Webber.
* Lap 39: It is becoming clear that Alonso is not on a three-stop strategy and the realization means that Schumacher knows he cannot beat the Spaniard. The gap between the two men is 13secs. Fisichella is around eight seconds behind.
* Lap 40: Alonso heads into the pits again and Michael Schumacher goes into the lead again. Further back Villeneuve stops again.
* Lap 41: Fisichella stops again and drops from third to fifth. Also stopping is Barrichello in sixth place. He keeps the position.
* Lap 43: Massa stops and falls from third to fifth.
* Lap 44: Button stops again but stays sixth.
* Lap 46: Michael stops and is followed into the pits by third-placed Raikkonen. Also stopping is Trulli. Alonso goes back into the lead with a gap of 12secs to Schumacher. There is a similar gap to Fisichella. Massa was fourth, Raikkonen fifth and Button sixth.
* Lap 47: The final stops continue with Webber stopping. This gets him ahead of Trulli in ninth place. Scott Speed stops and retires from the race.
* Lap 50: Heidfeld is running seventh but stops again and this allowed Barrichello to take the place again.
* Lap 52: Albers retires from 18th place.
* Lap 53: Coulthard is the last man to stop and drops from 13th to 15th. The order is set with Alonso at the front ahead of Schumacher, Fisichella, Massa, Raikkonen and Button. Barrichello is seventh but a lap down and Heidfeld picks up the last point in eighth. Webber is ninth ahead of Trulli, Rosberg, Villeneuve and Klien. Liuzzi goes into the pits on the last lap losing 14th place to Coulthard.