EUROPEAN GP - SUNDAY - RACE INCIDENTS
* Lap 1: At the start of the race Fernando Alonso maintains his advantage over Michael Schumacher and Felipe Massa with Jenson Button taking fourth and Kimi Raikkonen fifth. Jarno Trulli grabs sixth while Rubens Barrichello drops back from fourth to seventh. Next up is Jacques Villeneuve with a very fast-starting Nick Heidfeld, up from 13th to ninth. There is a mess in the midfield as Ralf Schumacher tags Tonio Liuzzi and the Italian spins across the road into David Coulthard's Red Bull. In the sort-out which follows Mark Webber goes from 19th on the grid to 12th and Takuma Sato is up from 20th to 14th. Coulthard pits at the end of the lap for repairs while Liuzzi tries to drive back with a damaged front wing and a punctured right rear. Unfortunately he spins at Turn 10 and a Safety Car is sent out to retrieve the stricken Toro Rosso. Coulthard later rejoins but stops almost immediately.
* Lap 4: The race restarts with Alonso leading Michael Schumacher again with Massa third. Behind them Raikkonen overtakes Button for fourth. Further back there is a sort-out further back with Sato dropping from 15th to 17th as Nico Rosberg moves up from 19th to 16th.
* Lap 6: The battle at the front is a stalemate with Alonso unable to get ahead but Schumacher not really able to close the gap. Monteiro overtakes Sato for 17th.
* Lap 8: After five consecutive fastest laps Alonso has managed to build a lead of a second. Massa cannot hold on and drops back to 1.8secs.
* Lap 9: Michael Schumacher sets the fastest lap and closes the gap to 0.8secs.
* Lap 13: The stalemate remains at the front with order unchanged. Webber pulls off with a mechanical problem. At the back Christijan Albers passes Sato to move to 17th.
* Lap 17: Alonso and Massa head for the pits and so Schumacher goes into the lead. Raikkonen is second with Button third and Alonso fourth with Massa behind him.
* Lap 18: Schumacher pits and Raikkonen takes the lead with Button second, Alonso third and Michael ahead of Massa.
* Lap 20: Seventh-placed Barrichello stops for fuel and falls back to 15th.
* Lap 21: Second-placed Button stops and rejoins in 10th. Seventh-placed Villeneuve also stops and he drops from seventh to 14th. Also stopping was Christian Klien in his Red Bull.
* Lap 22: Raikkonen is 13.6secs ahead of Alonso, who has Schumacher right on his tail. Nick Heidfeld stops and falls from eighth to 14th. Down at the back Albers and Franck Montagny also pit.
* Lap 23: Raikkonen stops and so Alonso moves back to the lead with Michael behind him. Further back Scott Speed pits and drops from 10th to 15th.
* Lap 24: Schumacher runs wide in Turn 11 and drops to 2.1secs behind. Down out at the back Tiago Monteiro and Takuma Sato both pit.
* Lap 25: The gap between Michael and Alonso remains stable. Sixth-placed Trulli stops and falls back to 12th.
* Lap 26: Sixth-placed Fisichella stops and he falls down the order to 11th.
* Lap 27: Fifth-placed Montoya stops and drops back to 11th.
* Lap 28: Ralf Schumacher has his first pit stop. He falls from fifth to seventh.
* Lap 29: Button pulls off with an engine problem. Christian Klien pulls off and stops at about the same time.
* Lap 31: Schumacher closes up on Alonso and begins to put on pressure. At the back F1 debutant Montagny pulls off with an engine failure.
* Lap 33: One-stopper Nico Rosberg is up to fifth place but stops and drops back to 10th.
* Lap 36: With the second pit stops approaching Schumacher and Alonso start to trade fastest laps again
* Lap 38: Alonso heads for the pits and Schumacher really puts down the hammer, pulling quickly away from Massa.
* Lap 39: Another blistering lap from Michael and it begins to look that he will beat Alonso out when he pits.
* Lap 40: Massa stops and drops back from second to fourth.
* Lap 41: Schumacher stops. It is a good pit stop and he comes out ahead of Alonso. Raikkonen is in the lead but has a stop still to make. Alonso immediately backs off, trying to conserve his engine for the Spanish GP.
* Lap 44: Raikkonen, Barrichello, Ralf, Villeneuve and Fisichella all pit for the second time. Fisichella gets ahead of Villeneuve.
* Lap 45: Michael leads Alonso by seven seconds. Massa is third with Raikkonen behind him. Montoya is next but still has to pit and Rosberg is sixth but he too needs to stop again. Barrichello is seventh with Ralf behind him and Fisichella ninth.
* Lap 48: Montoya pits and comes out in ninth place.
* Lap 49: Rosberg pits and drops back to eighth.
* Lap 53: Nothing much has changed. Schumacher is on his way to a victory and Alonso has settled for second. Montoya suddenly pulls off and Ralf Schumacher suffers a blown engine and so Fisichella moves to up sixth with Rosberg seventh and Villeneuve eighth.
* Lap 60: The race ends in the same order.