FEBRUARY 25, 2014
Vettel denies Nurburgring buyout bid
Sebastian Vettel's manager has denied the reigning world champion is involved in a possible buyout of the Nurburgring.
With the German grand prix venue's future uncertain, we reported last week that F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone is no longer a candidate to buy it.
Ecclestone had confirmed in January he made a bid for the financially-troubled track.
"We want to make sure there is a formula one race in Germany every year in the future," he said.
But last week, it emerged that Ecclestone was not among the latest candidates - entities from Dusseldorf and the US, and a private equity firm - in the running to buy the Nurburgring.
Germany's Sport Bild now reports that German driver and reigning world champion Vettel could be involved in a Nurburgring buyout bid.
But the Austrian news agency APA quoted his spokesman Britta Roeske as saying: "There's nothing to it (the report)."
The current bidding process will reportedly conclude at the end of March.
|Print News Story|
RED BULL DENIES SECRET TEST IN SPAIN
ENGINE PECKING ORDER TO DOMINATE 2014
TILKE SAYS SOCHI ON SCHEDULE FOR F1 DEBUT
ECCLESTONE TIPS SCHUMACHER TO WAKE UP
VETTEL DENIES NURBURGRING BUYOUT BID
WILLIAMS' NASR THE REAL THIRD DRIVER SAY MANAGER
BACK ALRIGHT AFTER BAHRAIN CRASH SAYS RAIKKONEN