FEBRUARY 13, 2014
Alonso didn't use simulator in 2013 according to Massa
Felipe Massa claims he was the only Ferrari driver in 2013 to work in the new driver simulator at Maranello.
Dropped by Ferrari after an eight-year career wearing red, the Brazilian has moved to Williams over the winter and claims he is completely happy.
"To be honest, I feel that I needed this change, and maybe it's the same for Ferrari," said Massa, speaking to Portuguese-language publications this week in Sao Paulo.
"When time passes and the situation is the same, you end up losing motivation," he admitted.
"I'm very happy," said the 32-year-old, "especially the way I was received by Williams.
"Since the first day I arrived at the factory, everyone helped me a lot, embracing me 100 per cent and believing in my potential.
"In Williams I am being heard," Massa continued, "but that doesn't mean Ferrari didn't hear me. They listened to me very well.
"Last year I worked on the development of the car, and in the simulator I was practically the only driver, because Alonso wasn't there."
Massa, however, said Ferrari's biggest problem last year was the wind tunnel.
"Many times we saw that it didn't work as it should have," he explained. "At most grands prix we had new parts, but they didn't work on the car.
"We began with a competitive car and ended with an uncompetitive one, which was the opposite of Red Bull."
|Print News Story|