OCTOBER 2, 2013
Kvyat admits 2014 F1 move too soon
Daniil Kvyat has admitted the vacancy at Toro Rosso for 2014 may have come too soon for him.
It is believed the Red Bull-owned team is on the cusp of confirming Portuguese Antonio Felix da Costa as Daniel Ricciardo's successor for next year.
But Toro Rosso team boss Franz Tost said last month: "We (Red Bull) have some young drivers with extraordinary talent.
"One of them is Carlos Sainz jr but we also have (Daniil) Kvyat. And Felix da Costa."
But Tost admitted that the young age of Russian 19-year-old Kvyat is a factor playing against him.
Asked what he sees as his next step beyond 2013, Kvyat told the Italian magazine Italiaracing: "Definitely I will not stay in GP3, so we are in the period where we are deciding what will be my future.
"The logical passage for the Red Bull (development) drivers would seem to be to the Formula Renault 3.5 series. To go to formula one, the others (sponsored by Red Bull) have passed through there.
"But it's not for me to decide, so I am waiting for Red Bull and will be ready to do anything they decide," he added.
Kvyat drove the Toro Rosso at the young driver test at Silverstone earlier this year; an experience he admits was "unforgettable".
"But right now I am concentrated on the (junior) championships so that I can arrive in formula one as soon as possible," he insisted.
|Print News Story|
VALSECCHI READY IF RAIKKONEN IS NOT
ALONSO DENIES STRUGGLING WITH QUALIFYING DISCIPLINE
MARKO DISPUTES VETTEL CHEAT CLAIMS
WEBBER SAYS 2013 STRUGGLE DUE TO TYRES
KALTENBORN THINKS SIROTKIN-GUTIERREZ LINEUP COULD WORK
CATERHAM DRIVERS UNSURE OVER 2014 SEATS
KVYAT ADMITS 2014 F1 MOVE TOO SOON