JUNE 28, 2013
Ecclestone tells race organiser Monza future safe
Italian grand prix organiser ACI on Friday insisted Monza will not be dropped from the formula one calendar.
F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone told an Italian magazine earlier this week that the historic circuit could be the victim of the sport needing to push into more "emerging markets".
But Automobile Club of Italy president Angelo Sticci Damiani met with Ecclestone on Friday at Goodwood, where a World Motor Sport Council meeting is taking place.
He said Ecclestone "told me that he had never said there were problems with Monza and, above all, that the future of the Italian grand prix is at risk".
Damiani added that the F1 supremo had given him "specific assurances" about Monza's future.
|Print News Story|
FRIDAY PRESS CONFERENCE
FRIDAY TEAM QUOTES
ECCLESTONE TELLS RACE ORGANISER MONZA FUTURE SAFE
PRACTICE 2 REPORT - SILVER STONE ARROWS
PRACTICE 2 RESULTS
MCLAREN CONFIRMS SAUBER DESIGNER COMING TO WOKING
FIA ENDS BLOWN EXHAUST ERA FOR 2014
WEBBER DECIDED TO QUIT SIX MONTHS AGO
VETTEL WILL HAVE SAY OVER 2014 TEAMMATE
FIA TO BLOCK CUSTOM ENGINES FOR 2014
MASSA ADMITS GOOD CHANCE OF NEW FERRARI DEAL
PRACTICE 1 REPORT - WET WASH
PRACTICE 1 RESULTS
MATESCHITZ KNEW ABOUT WEBBER EXIT
MALDONADO DENIES TALKS TO REPLACE RAIKKONEN AT LOTUS
SHOULD FERRARI QUIT F1 IF MONZA AXED?
2014 RENAULT DEAL IMPORTANT FOR CATERHAM
HAMILTON SAYS VETTEL IS FANTASTIC DRIVER IN AWESOME CAR
SUTIL, DI RESTA EYE BETTER TEAMS FOR 2014
DESIGNER MATT MORRIS LEAVING SAUBER?
BARCELONA NOT SORRY FOR SELLING 2014 F1 TICKETS