MARCH 25, 2013
Vettel denies signing 2016 Red Bull extension
Sebastian Vettel has played down multiple reports that he has signed a Red Bull contract extension through 2016.
Asked if he has added two more years to his current deal, the reigning world champion answered: "I do not talk about contracts."
But Bild am Sonntag reporter Frank Schneider pointed out that Vettel pointedly "shook his head" as he made his standard answer, indicating that he is yet to agree a new deal.
"But I said nothing!" the German driver laughed, admitting his "body language" may have been different.
Having previously said he wanted to join Ferrari one day, Vettel was nonetheless asked by Schneider if he is now open to staying at Red Bull for the rest of his career.
"Could be. Depends on how long my career is," Vettel answered mysteriously.
Asked when he will decide what to do beyond his 2014 contract, he continued: "In this case, probably no later than early 2015. Not today, anyway."
Also leaving the door open is Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali.
Asked by Germany's Welt if Vettel is a potential candidate, the Italian answered: "This is far in the future.
"I have no idea and it depends on both sides. It's not a relevant issue at the moment."
|Print News Story|
VETTEL SURPRISED BY HIS OWN BRUTALITY
GERMAN FACTION SIDES AGAINST BRAWN OVER ROSBERG TEAM ORDER
MALAYSIAN RACE SHOWS RED BULL NOT UNITED
KUBICA IN RUNNING FOR 2014 AT LOTUS
ECCLESTONE SAYS MERCEDES WAS HAMILTONS SECOND CHOICE
VETTEL DENIES SIGNING 2016 RED BULL EXTENSION
BOULLIER DOESN'T WANT SUPERSTARS AT LOTUS
GROSJEANS WIFE EXPECTING